Chapter Twenty Two

"Hello Shukla-ji, finally time mil hi gaya aapko?" Ekta grinned mischievously at Siddharth who smiled awkwardly.

Shehnaaz shifted closer to him and Siddharth's hand found hers, instinctively.

"Bahut pyaari pasand hai tumhaari Siddharth. She is an absolute delight to be around." Myra Khan exclaimed and the rest of the assembled party nodded their agreements.

Siddharth smiled proudly at Shehnaaz, kissing her head, earning aww-es from the group. "Doing okay?"

"Oh she's doing fantastic. Absolutely amazing!" Ekta exclaimed playfully. "Kahaan se mil gayi tujhe yeh?"

Siddharth scratched the back of his neck. "Actually, mujhe nahi milti, Maa ne dhoond ke laaya hai isko." He confessed. "Credit where it's due, am I right?"

Everyone chuckled.

"Siddharth Shukla arranged marriage karega, I didn't expect that twist." Varsha uttered, surprised.

Siddharth grinned. "Arrange marriage kahan kar raha hoon Varsha-ji, pehle dinn se iss hi ke paas toh hai mera dil. Itna pyaar apni zindagi mein kabhi nahi kiya mene, jitna iss-se karta hoon." He said sincerely.

Shehnaaz blushed as Siddharth pulled her closer and hid her face in Siddharth's chest.

"Wah Shukla, tera charm toh ab tak intact hai!"

Siddharth shrugged, smirking coolly.

Ekta watched the couple keenly, smiling wholeheartedly at them.

"Siddharth, find some time in your otherwise busy schedule, let's meet in the office sometime. Bahut time ho gaya saath kaam kiye, kucch plan karte hai." She said casually.

"Of course, jaldi plan karte hai Ma'am." Siddharth agreed.

"Shehnaaz, kaam karogi mere saath?" Ekta asked.

Shehnaaz looked at her surprised, "What?"

"And before you think it's because of Siddharth, no it's not. You have to audition, of course. You have to get through the casting process but you've done some great work and I'm positive I'll see you on the other end of the process, and then when you and I are both sure that we need the exact same thing, it'll not be too bad, to work with each-other. Right?" Ekta explained to Shehnaaz, calmly.

Shehnaaz smiled. "It will be an honor Ma'am."

Ekta sighed. "You got one hell of a partner, Siddharth Shukla. Don't let her go ever. She's going to be the reason you reach unimaginable heights. Make sure you include her in the journey. Hold tight and keep climbing. Never let go." She said softly.

"I promise."

***

"Hey man, It's been a while." Farhaan slapped Siddharth's shoulder playfully.

"Yeah bud. How have you been?" Siddharth pulled the other man into a side hug.

"I'm doing great." He responded, "I heard you got engaged."

"Yes. A couple of months back." Siddharth informed him.

"Congratulations man. Is she here?" Farhaan asked curiously.

"Yeah, Ekta Ma'am ne specially invite kiya Shehnaaz ko. She's with Kushal and Jas." He told Farhaan.

Farhaan smiled. A waiter passed by the duo and he plucked a flute of champagne from atop the tray. "Don't want to drink?"

Siddharth shrugged.

"So, your fiance is a strict little chick." Farhaan smirked mockingly.

Siddharth chuckled. "Of course not." He responded rather sternly. "She's a sweetheart."