Chapter Eighty Eight

Shehnaaz walked into the apartment, being dragged by her over excited nephews who had been telling her all about their experience of the wedding week, how much fun they had and how they made plenty of new friends in the course of that week.

Shehnaaz smiled at the duo as they continued to tug and pull at her excitedly till Sidharth intercepted them midway and frowned playfully at them. "Kya kar rahe ho tum dono?" He asked.

The twins looked up at Sidharth with identical puppy faces and explained how they were telling their mami about the week that she had "missed" on because she was busy with all the grown-up stuff. 

The couple chuckled softly at their explanation. "Sadly, mere pyaare bandaron-- grown ups waala kaam abhi khatam nahi hua hai. Mami aur Mamu dono abhi bhi busy hain." Sidharth said sadly. 

The twins pouted. "Mami aap ja rahe ho?" They asked cutely. 

Shehnaaz looked questioningly at Sidharth and he nodded. Shehnaaz sighed softly and turned to the twins, "Jaana padega. Aap dono ek kaam karo abhi.. Mukku didi ko dhoond ke, unke paas jaake shaanti se baith jao. Jab bhi Mami free ho jaayegi.. mami aap dono ke paas aayegi aur hum phir khoob saari masti karenge." She explained to them patiently. "Deal?"

"Deal."

"That's like my good boys." Shehnaaz kissed both their foreheads and as the boys made their way out of the room, turned to her husband. "Ab bata, kaun aaya?"

"Kushal, Mehul, Raghav aaye hain. Tujhe bula rahe hain. Dil kahan lagta hai inn besharmo ka ab tere bina." He almost scoffed. Shehnaaz grinned, "Pati dev.. aapke bhi dost hai woh log. Mooh mat banao aisa."

"Harkaton se toh nahi lagta. Mrs. Shukla se milna hai inko aur tere haath ka halwa thoosna hai, baaki kisi dhang ke kaam se toh nahi aaye hain." He said sarcastically. 

Shehnaaz rolled her eyes, for the millionth time, looking right through her husband. "To tujhe zyaada tension ye baat ki hai ki halwa khatam kar diya unhone." She said knowingly. "Baby tu kyon hai inna pyaara-- dobaara bana doongi mai tere liye halwa."

Sidharth pouted. "Baat halwe ki nahi hai." He insisted childishly. Shehnaaz smiled at him and kissed him softly, "Tu mera sabse accha baby hai na?" 

Sidharth nodded. "Chal apne dost logon se apni biwi ki intro karwa." Shehnaaz said, tugging at his shirt sleeve. 

Sidharth's face practically lit up at her request. She just knew how to do it. Every single time! He wrapped his arm around Shehnaaz’s shoulder and led her into the living area. 

***

Kushal, Mehul and Raghav were bickering within themselves when the couple entered the room. 

Shehnaaz's anklets, having announced their arrival to the occupants of the room, became the reason for the bickering to stop as the boys collectively looked up to greet the couple excitedly. Kushal stood up from the couch, "Hello Mrs. Shukla." He exclaimed, half teasing, and pulled the younger woman in his arms. Shehnaaz giggled softly, closing her own arms around him. 

They stayed in that position for a few seconds before Kushal smiled pulled away and gave her a quick, fond once over. "Being married sure does suit you." He said sincerely. "You look so beautiful, doll." 

Shehnaaz blushed. "Thank you, teddy." 

Then, she turned to Raghav who, to his credit, was doing everything in his power not to bounce on his heels. "Bandar!"

Raghav grinned broadly, "Looking good, babe."

"Oye!" Sidharth exclaimed, glaring draggers at the other man. "I'm kidding. Bhabhi hai yaar."