Chapter Thirty Nine

Shehnaaz cleaned a plate and placed it in front of Siddharth, "Paratha ya toast?" She asked quietly.  

Siddharth looked up at her, shrugged and continued to talk on his phone. Shehnaaz sighed, walking back to the kitchen and returned with piping hot parathas for Siddharth. The man smiled at her and she kissed his forehead.  

"Thanda mat kar diyo naashta-- saath saath kha le." She said sternly. Siddharth nodded and gave her a thumbs up.  

A few minutes later, Shehnaaz re-entered the hall with coffee mugs held in each of her hands. Siddharth was still busy on his phone, his breakfast untouched.  

Shehnaaz sighed with a glint of exasperation in her voice. "Siddharth--" 

Siddharth scrunched his nose, held his index finger up in a gesture for her to wait. Shehnaaz tore a piece of the paratha and pushed the morsel in his direction.  

Siddharth smiled, opening his mouth. "Bas ek--" 

"Continue kar tu. Mein khila rahi hoon." She responded in a soft whisper.  

"Haan Mehul-- tu bol." Siddharth said into his mobile device while Shehnaaz continued to feed him bites of his paratha.  

By the time he ended the call, Shehnaaz had fed him his breakfast and handed him his mug of coffee. "Thank you meri jaan." 

Shehnaaz kissed his cheek with a soft smile. "Kya baat ho rahi thi itni lambi ki naashta tak karne ka hosh nahi raha tujhe?" 

"Interviews hai thode se, wohi discuss kar rahe the. Baby tera short story release kab hai?" He asked.  

"Next month." 

Siddharth nodded. For the next few minutes, they both talked about their work over lukewarm mugs of black coffee. There wasn't usually much that Siddharth and Shehnaaz didn't know about with respect to the other's work commitments, but little things were bound to be left without mention, every once in a while.  

Shehnaaz asked him what he wanted to have for lunch that day, just before he left. "Aaj shoot nahi hai, koi doosra kaam bhi nahi hai so I thought I could cook for you." She said with a smile. "Kya khaayega kullu?" 

"Jo pyaar se bana ke bhej dega mera baccha, mein kha loonga." Siddharth said softly.  

Shehnaaz grimaced. "Ugh. So cheesy."  

Siddharth laughed and pulled her cheeks.  

"Aren't you getting late?" She asked. Siddharth shrugged, "Meri Goodluck kiss to de, uske bina kaise jaunga?"  

Shehnaaz rolled her eyes, pecking his lips. "Ab jao. Mein maa ke paas jaa rahi hoon, doosre flat pe. Paani rakhwa diya hai gaadi mein-- lunch mein bhijwa doongi-- bahar se mat khaana kucch bhi please." Shehnaaz said, brushing up his hair with her fingers and kissed his lower jaw one last time.  

Siddharth smiled at her gestures and nodded his head. "I will take good care of your husband, I promise. Do you promise to take care of my Superstar?"  

"I do." 

*** 

Kaushal sat across from her in the office, a laptop was opened in front of him where he was watching something intently. "Your social media engagement is great. There's already three million and half followers."  

Shehnaaz blushed. "Mein toh aise hi randomly post karti rehti hoon." 

"You're doing great. Of course your account is slightly untidy, but that's what gives it a natural look. Your social media is what tells the world about who and what you are. This one screams natural." Kaushal said softly.