Chapter Forty Seven

"Hey, Misha." Sidharth greeted her politely. "Been so long!"

Misha chuckled. "Yeah, Shehnaaz tells me you've been busy. We miss your visits on set." She confessed.

"I'm sure some of you have been having the time of their lives, taking advantage of my absence." Sidharth said sarcastically.

Misha's smile faltered as the meaning of his words became clear to her. "Why would you say that? Did Shehnaaz say something?"

Sidharth smiled at Misha, her nervousness should've been suspicious to him, but he knew the girl would never, intentionally hurt his Shehnaaz. They had a bond stronger than that. Sometimes, what's obvious isn't true and what's true isn't obvious.

"Misha.. don't worry. Everything is fine right now." Sidharth said in a manner of assurance. "Mein tujhse baat karna chaah raha tha. Shehnaaz told me about the scene that you're currently shooting, she's been having trouble with some specifics."

Misha nodded, urging him to speak. "I have read the script and.. I'm actually-- I'm curious and confused. Is the scene really important? Shehnaaz said it was a passing scene. Are you really sure that you want to shoot for like half an hour, for a scene that might just end up getting omitted?"

"Are you trying to day Misha doesn't know what she's doing?" Akshar asked, with surprising conviction of sincerity.

Sidharth smirked. "I'm much more experienced than you are, Akshar. There's nothing wrong with looking out for friends, sharing your concerns. I am sure you've saved plenty of people from unnecessary stress by giving just the right idea at the right time. That's exactly what I'm trying to do. I'm just curious as to where this scene fits in the narrative of the story and how important it is." Sidharth explained calmly.

Misha cleared her throat. "Actually, Sidharth he's getting defensive because it was his idea in the first place." She told him.

Sidharth nodded, almost laughing to himself. Of course it was his idea.

"The premise was that we need to bring them both closer, it'll just be a 2-3 minute scene but it will make the final cut." Akshar explained.

Sidharth nodded thoughtfully, "Not to be sounding like a know-it-all but if you want Prateek to realise his feelings for Nivedita, I think you should use jealousy. If he's in love, he would never be able to see Nivedita with another man, and Nivedita will be uncomfortable with any other man except Prateek and boom-- you'll have Prateek and Nivedita locking eyes, throwing yearning looks, and end of the scene-- Nivedita's partener will twirl her, making her land directly into Prateek's arms-- cut!" He suggested.

Misha nodded, grinning widely. "That's a great idea. Sidharth I can't tell you how beautiful it would look on the screens."

"That's more like it--"

"But that's not in the script." Akshar protested.

"This scene that you were doing is a deviation from the script too, Akshar. This scene will solidify Prateek-Nivedita's feelings for each-other better than what you had in mind and it won't even have to be a passing scene, it'll fit directly into the narrative." Misha explained, trying to convince Akshar.

"That's a great plan. I can play Nivedita's partner. Dev is Prateek's best friend. He knows exactly how to tick prateek off, he can play cupid between the couple." Kushal exclaimed.

Sidharth smiled. "Yeah, that could potentially work wonders."

Misha nodded. "Sidharth tum roz aaya karo, meri team mein creativity ka boost ho gaya."

"Happy to help."

***

"You're annoying." Akshar said impatiently.