Chapter 71

Shehnaaz sat on the bed, her feet drawn up to her chest, staring. Samyukta had just left the room, leaving the bride-to-be completely alone with herself.

It had been a long day. The conversation with Rajveer jiju, sorting through Kushal's outfits to construct a semi-functional wardrobe, the longest dinner that she'd ever had, mostly owing to Ridhi's snide quips, and finally, Samyukta's venting session about Ridhi's over-involvement in everyone's business but her own.

Shehnaaz was quite obviously tired.

The only saving grace of the day was the milk-chocolates that Kushal had bribed her with for helping with his wardrobe. She smiled and rested her head on her drawn knees, closing her eyes.

"Shehnaaz kal.. tumhara appointment hai, beautician ke--" Sidharth entered the room, a few minutes later, distracted by his phone and looked up only to find his Superstar looking back at him with a scrunched face and a prominent pout on her lips.

Sidharth clicked his tongue, placed his phone on the nearest flat surface and rushed up to her. Shehnaaz shifted slightly to cuddle up to him.

Sidharth smiled and wrapped his arms around her, all too familiar with her sleepy habits. "Nini aayi?"

Shehnaaz nodded. Sidharth kissed her forehead. "It was a very long day."

"I know, little bird. Kal bas relax karna hai, late uthna, Nikhil aur Priyashi se milna aur apni appointment ke liye chali jaana, bas.. aur koi kaam nahi hai." Sidharth said softly.

Shehnaaz hmm-ed, already half asleep on his chest.

Sidharth pulled her even closer, humming quietly. It was more or less a ritual of Sidharth and Shehnaaz said it gave her peace, steadied her.

He smiled, thinking how even unintentional, little things can become such important rituals as he continued to hum softly to her. "I won't sleep well, today.."

Sidharth frowned, "How do you know?"

Shehnaaz mumbled something incoherently and buried her face into his chest.

Sidharth just loved every square inch of her, every habit, every quirk, every antic.

He sighed and pulled the comforter over the both of them and turned off the lights. "Good night, little bird."

***

"Samyukta.." Shehnaaz frowned, stumbling into the kitchen still sleepy. "Good morning."

"Good afternoon, Shehnaaz." Ridhi exclaimed, from the dining area, munching on an apple.

Shehnaaz looked in the direction of the voice and attempted to plaster a weak smile on her face. "Hi.. Ridhi."

"Tum abhi uthi shehnaaz?" Ridhi asked, feigning shock.

"Good morning mami." Samyukta hugged her, ignoring the other woman and Shehnaaz winced, almost whimpering. "No hugging."