Chapter Ninety

Sidharth and Shehnaaz were mingling with their guests, shortly after they had cut what had been dubbed "Their wedding cake." The new couple looked delighted, to say the least as they walked beside each other, meeting people and telling them about their spouse. It was a good day, better than either of them could have imagined. Once they’d met all the important people in the room, they walked over to their family. Samyukta walked towards the group right behind SidNaaz, running after her brothers. 

Almost instinctively, Sidharth and Shehnaaz caught the two boys in their arms, making Samyukta huff out in relief. Shehnaaz laughed softly as she saw the twins’ faces smudged in ice-cream. She held out her hand for the tissues that Samyukta was running after the boys with. 

Samyukta smiled, crouching beside her mama and maami. “Aap uncomfortable ho jaogi, lehenga bhi itna heavy hai.. Utho.. I’ll do it.” 

“Phir bhaag jayenge, kahan tak daudegi inn bandaro ke peeche itne taam-jhaam ke saath.” Shehnaaz gestured towards Samyukta’s own layered outfit. Samyukta shrugged.

“Bahut pyari lag rahi hai tu..” Sidharth told his niece, poking at her nose affectionately. 

Samyukta giggled softly. “Aap bhi..”

“Kahan thi itne time se? Dikhi hi nahi puri shaam..” Shehanaaz asked curiously, while she gave Daksh's nose a soft dab of the napkin. 

Samyukta shrugged, “Kushal bahiyya aur Ken ke saath thi. Mene khub masti ki unn log ke saath.” 

Shehnaaz stood up straight and smoothened her outfit, Sidharth reached over to help her while Samyukta immediately took control of the twins. 

“Ab bhaage to maasi se keh ke tumhe choohe waale kamre mein band karwa dungi.” Samyukta said sternly. The twins believed her. She could and she would. The boys made their best puppy faces in front of their sister, making her smile. 

“Tum dono ne kucch khaya?” Rajveer asked the couple.

Shehnaaz nodded, “Teddy juice deke gaya tha thodi der pehle.. and then the cake.

“Do bite nahi khaaya hoga..” Rajveer mumbled to himself and turned to Samyukta. “Mukku, bacche ja toh mama-mami ke liye kucch snacks leke aa.”

Samyukta looked at the twins and raised her eyebrow. “Pareshaan toh nahi karoge sabko?” She asked sternly.

The twins nodded eagerly. Rajveer chuckled, “Teri pocket money barhani padegi Mukku.” He joked 

Samyukta chuckled, “Isi dinn ke liye toh train kia hai dono ko..” She retorted. “Mai paanch minute mein aayi.."

Sidharth and Shehnaaz smiled as Samyukta left. “Yeh badi ho rahi hai yaar..” 

Rajveer nodded. “Iske daddy dinn mein das baar yeh soch ke emotional hote hain.” He told the couple. 

 “Samajhdaar baccha hai humaara, but she is still a kid. Koi badi wadi nahi hui hai. Apni family ke protective nest se nahi nikli hai abhi.. College life ke alaawa, ek limited circle ke alaawa kucch nahi dekha hai usne..” Shehnaaz said quietly.

“Fair enough.” Sidharth agreed. Sometimes, you forget what being a grown up is really like. 

They talked to their family for a while before they were greeted by the boys of the gang. Jay made an appearance.

Shehnaaz squealed as soon as she saw Jay and pulled the older man into a big hug. “Jay bhaii..”

Jay kissed the top of her head before pulling away, “Many many congratulations, Mrs. Shukla.”