Chapter Forty Eight

Sidharth grabbed her hand, just as she was about to turn away from him and pulled her closer to himself. Shehnaaz looked startled at his actions and looked at him like a baby deer caught in headlights. Sidharth smiled, pressing his lips upon hers for a few seconds too long. "Mat jaa na aaj.." He whispered softly.

Shehnaaz smiled at her fiancé and cradled his face in her tiny little palm. "Jaldi jaake aa jaaungi Mi Vida. Promise."

Sidharth pouted. "Mein saath chalta hoon tere--"

Shehnaaz sighed. "Baby kya hua hai aaj achaanak se aapko?" She asked surprised. "Subaah se.. I mean--"

Sidharth chuckled. "Tujhe apni nazar se door karne ka mann hi nahi ho raha aaj. Tu kyon itni sundar lag rahi hai?"

Shehnaaz kissed his shirt, right above his beating heart. "Tujhe toh mein hamesha sundar lagti hoon Sidharth. Aaj nazar bhi utarwaayi thi tune meri Maa se.. kyon aise bacchon ki tarah kar raha hai?" She asked. "Mujhe genuinely fikr ho rahi hai yaar teri."

Sidharth smiled. "Meri fikr mat kar.. tu apna dhyaan rakh. Keep calling me, every hour or so okay? I'll be waiting for your calls and.. I'll come to pick you up." He said softly.

Shehnaaz nodded. "Sidharth mein theek rahoongi baby, aapka interview hai na, aap call kaise loge mera?" She asked patiently.

"I'll attend your call, agar nahi kar paaya.. toh team mein se koi utha lega phone.. har 1-2 ghante mein call karti rehna, samjhi?" Sidharth insisted.

Shehnaaz nodded. "Okay.. okay, I'll call you baba.. ab please panic karna band karo, aur mujhe jaane do."

Sidharth cupped her face between his palms, "Mera baccha.." He mumbled and kissed her forehead gently. "Dhyaan rakhna apna.. okay?"

"I love you." She whispered to him. "Bye baby."

"I love you too.." Sidharth responded, letting her go towards her set and he himself leaned against the car watching her walk into the shoot location.

Just as she was about to enter through the makeshift gates, Shehnaaz looked back and found him watching her, still leaning against his car, with a smile on his face.

She smiled at him, he looked on edge today, so unlike himself. At first he didn't want her to wear a crop-top today, although he had never expressed his dislike of the garment on her before, next he himself chose a simple grey and pink suit for her. He had insisted that she wore her engagement ring to work that day and not remove her if she could help it. Shehnaaz had never seen him behaving like that in the past and it made her just as jumpy and nervous as him.

She couldn't quite understand what the problem was. Both their work was going smoothly, her short film had been the talk of the town, ever since its release two weeks ago and had been on the trending list ever since. Sidharth's 16-week long project had finally entered post-production, leaving him with a considerably lesser work load to deal with and more time for their family.

Akshar had finally backed off!

After the party sequence shoot, two weeks ago Akshar had barely stepped into her vanity unannounced, or without a proper reason. He would talk to her normally, he was keeping his distance. Shehnaaz was beginning to think that Akshar had finally understood her reluctance and discomfort about his frankly creepy advances.

And it was the last week of shooting with only 3 or 4 days of the final schedule remaining. What could go wrong today?

She had thought that everything was finally back on track and today of all days, Sidharth was behaving like that. Shehnaaz didn't want to think about it, but somewhere deep within, she was scared too.