Chapter Thirty Seven

Aarav jiju helped Shehnaaz in wearing the safety belt. She was bursting with excitement, looking at both the jijus one after the other. They both smiled at her and the ride lurched forward. Both the men clasped either one of Shehnaaz's hands in their own as the roller-coaster took up speed. Shehnaaz giggled, her hair swept backwards with every second that passed on the coaster. Only a few seconds had passed when the roller-coaster picked up so much speed that all of the occupants were forced backwards by the sheer force of the ride speeding forward. A scream left her throat, Shehnaaz's eyes went wide.

"Shehnaaz-- tu theek hai na?" Shehnaaz couldn't tell which one of the two men had asked the question, for she was too busy screaming her lungs out, half scared, half thrilled.

"Shehnaaz-- kucch nahi hua.. sab safe hai." She heard, as Aarav jiju rubbed her back.

Shehnaaz looked at him. Aarav jiju smiled at her and pulled her into a hug. "Sab theek hai beta-- sab theek hai." He mumbled repeatedly.

Shehnaaz closed her eyes, breathing deeply. A few seconds later, the roller-coaster lurched to a stop. Shehnaaz finally opened her eyes and in those few seconds, her eyes met Siddharth's, miles downwards. He blinked.

In that moment, from miles and miles away-- Siddharth managed to make all of her fear vanish-- just in the blink of an eye.

Shehnaaz laughed softly and the ride sped on. Minutes later, finally the ride came to an end. Shehnaaz, Rajveer and Aarav stumbled out of the ride and Siddharth immediately rushed up to them and pulled his Shehnaaz into a hug. Shehnaaz reciprocated the gesture eagerly, melting into his arms. Siddharth pulled away and showered her face with kisses.

"Theek hai na tu?" He asked worriedly. Shehnaaz chuckled, nodding-- but then barely a moment later, shook her head. She looked around frantically.

Siddharth frowned, as Shehnaaz took off running towards a washroom. He followed her, utterly surprised, to some degree concerned only to see her puking in the basin.

Siddharth sighed, rubbing her back. "Bola tha na matt jao, zidd manwaani hoti hai bass."

Shehnaaz groaned, washing her face. Siddharth kept rubbing her back, trying to soothe her

"Theek ho ab?" He asked, helping her upright. Shehnaaz nodded.

"Soch le ab bhi." Siddharth asked again. Shehnaaz rested her head on his chest as he led her out of the washroom.

The whole family gathered around her, frantically asking questions. "Theek hoon mein." Shehnaaz said softly.

"Roller-coaster pe jaake bhi vomit nahi ho, toh ride pe jaana barbaad hota hai." Shehnaaz said grinning. Siddharth rolled his eyes, slapping her head playfully.

"Dekh lo isko! Abhi vomit ki isne.. I mean-- 5 second nahi huye hai Shehnaaz." He said surprised at her words.

"I'm fine." Shehnaaz chuckled.

Siddharth shook his head fondly, "Bilkul bhelpuri hai yeh. Bol raha tha mein baar-baar mat jaa-- mat jaa. Darr rahi thi udhar upar bhi, aankh band thi-- magar nahi! Jaana hai toh jaana hai! Drama queen."

Shehnaaz giggled, her eyes shining in happiness. "Drama queen toh mein hu hi. Tabhi toh bollywood ke raaja se shaadi kar rahi hoon."

Everyone laughed. They were both crazy

***

"Mukku?" Shehnaaz frowned, leaning forward to look at a little butterfly Samyukta's wrist. "Kya kar rahi hai baccha?"

"Temporary tattoos maami. I liked this little butterfly and I got it made. It's cute right?" Samyukta asked hopefully.

Shehnaaz smiled. "Of course, it's pretty. Mummy daddy ko pata hai kay nahi?"