Chapter One: just her life

This book is originally written by the above written author. Copyright©2021. Kemmy B. Gabriel asserts the moral right to be Identified as the author of this work. No part of this text may be reproduced, transmitted, down-loaded, decompiled, reverseengineered, or stored in or introduced into any Information storage and retrieval system, in any form or by any means. Whether electronic or mechanical, now known or hereinafter invented. Without the express written permission of the author.

 Without the express written permission of the author

   I groaned as images flooded my head like a movie on fast forward. I couldn't make out the images, couldn't hear anything other than screaming and barks, but it sure was disturbing. The images flashed faster, closer to my eyes in a sort of way.

   "Eleanor!!!" I flew up as my alarm clock panging shocked me out of my sleep. I realise I was sweating and holding my heart. I was having that meaningless dream again, the dream that made no sense at all. The council of ladies hadn't been able to tell what it was, because when they checked, they saw nothing. What bothered me most was the name called at the end, the name of my mother.

   I looked up to the ceiling, to where she wrote her morning greeting. Mother knew she would never be coming back after the last time she visited, so she wrote those words on my ceiling so anytime I woke up, her words would greet me, remind me of her and her love for me. It wasn't her fault she left me here, she was trying to protect me just like everyone else. But from what?

   “Good morning, my brave alpha, welcome to another new day. Baby, did you sleep well? Did you sleep bad? Either one of them, I want you to remember that I love you and I will be thinking about you every morning too. Don't get sick for me, don't get depress for me. If your night was bad, then remember my warm hugs and the fact that mommy will forever love her precious treasure. Have a good day.”

   "You too, mom," I smiled. I wiped the tears off my eye lashes and sniffed. I threw the bedcover off me, climbed off the bed and stood on my two feet. I wiggled my toes and stretched it bones and muscles back into their comfortable positions. I was still doing my stretches when a gentle knock on my door echoed in my room.

   "Come in," I bent my body backwards with hands stretched to it limit. I placed the tip of my fingers on the hard floor. The whole castle was your usual olden day-styled one.

   My personal governess and my three personal maids trooped in. They were dwarfs, female dwarfs. "Good morning, Ms. Reign,"

   "Good morning to you too, Xyra, did you sleep well?"

   "Had that dream again," I said truthfully, "it was louder this time."

   "Don't worry, child, we are working on a spell to help figure this out." I nodded.

   "Good morning, Esther, Agatha, Naomi," I greeted the dwarfs.

   "Good morning, mistress," I offered them my best polite smile. I'm usually cranky in the morning before I bathe and wash it all off. When you live a life similar to a prisoner's, you end up becoming grouchy in a sort of way.