Chapter Thirteen: I wish I could

Xyra's viewpoint

<Recap>

   "Since you see things my way, then it's best we stay away from each other," I didn't know when I turned around with wide eyes.

   "You can't take me seriously, I was bluffing! I was bluffing!" I shouted, throwing my hands up.

   "You don't want a mate…"

   "Yes, but I changed my mind few hours ago. You can't send me away when I'm already loving the feeling of being with you, you can't!" I cried out helplessly. The voidness in his eyes, the blank expression on his face, the calm posture of his body and steady heartbeat. He meant every single word.

   "I'm sorry, Xyra, but it has to be this way. I can't let any woman weaken me, especially a child."

_____

   A whimper left my lips the moment he said that. "I'm sorry if it would hurt you, but you will have to manage it and move on. I'm sorry, but I am just not ready for the drama of a mate or a woman. I will compensate your father for the humiliation and I will pay you anything you ask for…" His lips kept moving but I seize to listen. I wasn't heartbroken, I didn't even know the guy.

   What was hurting me was him calling me a child, rejecting a beauty like me and thrusting a blade at my ego, our ego. I admit that I shared Majesty's pride at some level, and that moment was one of it. I wanted to blame myself for it, because of how I reacted at the ball. But Majesty told me he would have called me a child either way. The age didn't matter for our kind, but it mattered to him. It struck me like a big blow. And above all, I was hurting because his words were like rejection and the mate bond was making it hurt.

   I only knew I was crying when a sob left my mouth, another reason to wound my pride. He sighed sadly but didn't even make any attempt to console me.

   "I'm sorry, forgive me."

   "Fuck you!" A vase at the glass wall of the French window rose up at my scream and flew straight to his head. The vase smashed on him, but he didn't even flinch. If anything, he was surprise I had that kind of power.

   "What kind of wolf are you?"

   "None of your fucking business, you animalistic bastard! Get lost!" I psychokinetically forced him backward, tossing him into the curtains of doom. I turned on my heels and ran out of the room, just running and letting my feet lead me. I found myself in my parents' shared room.

   "Xyra? Why are you crying?" Dad asked agitatedly.

   "The arsehole told me to leave, that he doesn't want a mate, especially a child. He told me to move on, even if it would hurt. The bastard threw me away!"

   "Oh, my baby, I'm so sorry," mom said shakily. They both came to me and engulfed me in a hug. I sniffed back the remaining of my tears, held back the pain tugging at my consciousness. I should probably mention I tried to kill him, but that would be better left unsaid.

   "Tell me you at least kneed him," dad growled, "that motherfucking prick,"

On second thought…

   "I tried to kill him, but I know he survived it,"

   "That's my girl," mum whispered, "how's Majesty doing?"

   "Hurt, humiliated, betrayed, rejected, depressed,"

   "Do you want to go home?" I nodded. "I'll send the link to the others and have them ready to leave,"