Chapter Forty-six: Leidyana

Xyra's viewpoint

   "Her," I frowned, still crying, "I want my first to be a her,"

   "Sorry, love," he chuckled, wiping his own tears with the back of one hand while the other remained on my stomach, "the first is a male and a lycan. Remember what I told you about the dragon? How he got his supreme powers?" I nodded. "He was supposed to pass the powers to his offspring but couldn't because the true nature of the host and the fox's soul fought for the same thing."

   "Fox soul? I don't understand, what fox?" He paused his lips before smiling, "the thousand tailed fox?" He nodded.

   "The fox is dead, died before the dragon took the body of the first host,"

   "Wh…"

   "Shh," he shushed, pressing his finger on my lips, "let me finish. The fox gathered all his powers and tuck them into his soul and the dragon took it. The fox soul also needed to the pass on as well as the dragon's and the master's, so the fight for the body is…"

   "What deform all the offsprings?" He nodded. "Wow, that explains a lot," Carswell brought his hand up to my face to clean my tears. "What about the book?" I asked, shifting my face slightly from him mopping my tears with his palm.

   "Lives in the body of the dragon and I know how to get it. Luckily, you have only been sleeping for two days, we have two more days to get to the cavern, I'll explain later but we have to leave before sunset," I nodded understandingly.

   "What if our baby becomes a demon?" I asked fearfully.

   "Your light powers won't let that happen and the souls that lives in me came to an agreement. Our first child would be male, a lycan with the powers of the god, the second would be the next thousand tailed fox and the third a weredragon. I know, it would be hard to explain how two of our children end up being a fox and a dragon, but we don't have a choice."

   It was way better than not having any child at all. Even if they would be different, I was still going to love them, care for them and make sure they are strong enough to protect themselves. I didn't need him to tell me that their lives would be in danger. Great powers comes with great danger, but I would protect them.

‹So, our third child will literally lay an egg if she's a girl,› Majesty stated in clear amusement. ‹And if it's a boy, his wife would lay an egg, Huh?›

‹That's not right.› I laughed.

‹And weird.›

   I started laughing out loud, making Carswell arch a questioning brow. "Majesty just made me realise something, the dragon child would have to lay and egg if a female and if a male, his wife would have to lay it."

   "Hmm, that won't be possible if it's a he. Except if his wife or mate is a weredragon like himself, she won't lay the egg because she is either human or another creature. The only way for her to bear the child is to transform into a dragon or if lucky, the egg would grow in her and hatch, then the shells would formelt and probably come out one way or the other. The only problem is that the pregnancy would be extremely painful, so it's better she becomes a dragon." He explained thoughtfully, as if unsure of what he was saying, which I think he is.

   I shrugged. "Anyway it ends, we are bringing back the dragons," I grinned, "that's as dangerous as it is cool."

   "I know," he smiled, "we would have to protect them a lot, until they are strong enough…"