Chapter Forty-eight: Up in the mountain

Carswell's viewpoint

   I looked over my shoulder to check on Xyra who was still complaining about her shoes. After almost twenty four hours of running with her on my back, we finally reached the mountain. However, she insisted on climbing on her own which I warned her was a bad idea, but she wouldn't listen. Who wears seven inches heels to climb a mountain? But trust her and her pride to refuse to listen.

   She was cursing at the shoes now which she held in her hands, glaring murderously at the two pair of electric blue leather shoes. Her azureish white hair flew in accordance to the wind. The air blew her hair band away, and she was too lazy and pissed at her shoes to braid her hair or let me braid it because somehow, it was my fault she wore the shoes.

   "If you weren't so tall, I wouldn't have worn this," she had snap and then declared war. I just let her be. Obviously, pregnancy was starting to manipulate her head. And, I loved how cute she look when angry. She always pouted when she was mad at me or any object or people she loves, but her eyes only twinkle when she is mad at me. Why? Majesty always argue with her when she is mad at me.

It's good to have a friend on the inside.

   Two, I was enjoying how her hair was starting to glow because of her annoyance. The azureish white part didn't lit up, only the azure edge and azure mist highlight, tho the highlight in her hair was dully lit. I got to learn that the smoke grey in her eyes completely disappear at night. Since the sun was almost completely down, her eyes kept flickering from grey to azure. It made the twinkling more cartoonish.

   "Stop smiling at me and being amuse! I am not amusing!" She shouted once she notice I was staring at her.

   "You are not amusing," I smirked, letting the angry draw of her brows relax a little before dropping the other part, "you are cute,"

   She deadpanned me so hard it was almost scary. I chuckled at how cute she still look. Everything with her was cute to me.

   "Just keep climbing, grandpa,"

   "You are sleeping with your grandpa?" I asked with a dramatic gasp. I caught her rolling her eyes, causing me to laugh, "tell me, Xyra, do you love my old dick that much?"

   "You are not that old," she snapped, "you don't even look that old. Sure, you look like someone in his late twenties but still not old."

   "But you just called me a grandpa, what does that make you, grandpa fucker?" I asked smirkingly. I looked over my shoulder again to make sure she sees the smirk. Instead, her shoe collided with my nose. The heel of the shoe almost got into my eyes.

How did I not feel that coming?

   "Arsehole!" She shouted. I rubbed my nose with a groan. Somehow, the hit hurt. Xyra muttered curses as she leapt over me to be above. She intentionally kicked dust into my eyes. I carefully brought my hand to my eyes and tried my best to wipe it off.

   By the time I got the dust out, she was already far above me. She was climbing the mountain so gracefully, barely holding still for a second before moving. It almost felt like she was running on the wall on all four. She would never cease to amaze me.

   "Wait up!" I shouted. I pushed all my weight to my feet and knees and leapt upward. Using my fire, I supported my jump, pushing me high up and landing at the top of the mountain.

   "You have got to be kidding me!" I heard her screech from below. I grinned and looked down at her from the edge. "If you could do that all along, why didn't you just fucking do it from the beginning!" She screamed.

   "You insisted on climbing on your own. And what fun would it be for me if I go ahead and miss the opportunity to watch you suffer?" I asked grinningly. She screamed like a bratty rich girl and huffed.

   "I'll kill you when I get up there, Carswell! You could have remembered your pregnant wife!"

   "But I don't have any pregnant wife," I showed her my fingers and wiggled them, "no ring,"

   She whimpered and pouted again, looking up at me with glassy eyes. "Carswell, am I not carrying your child?"

   "You are?" I laughed. It was amusing teasing her over something so meaningless. She glared at me but her eyes were still glassy. "Fine, my pregnant girlfriend, use your psychokinesis to levitate yourself," her lips parted into a big 'O'. She always forget she has that ability and most times, I wonder why.

   "Okay, here I come," she did exactly what I did, but instead of using flames which she didn't possess, she used her mental ability to manipulate the force and air to throw her into my waiting arms. I knew she would come to me, her excited eyes said it all.

   "There, we made it!" I shouted laughingly. "Is my empress hungry?" She nodded with excitement. There is always excitement when it comes to food, especially sugary food and that cream puff my chef made. We left our bags in the cavern, but I only had a satchel bag with me.

   The top of the mountain was thin, not much room up here but enough to host a large dragon. There was a tree up there, a snow-white tree with crystal snowflake leaves. I assume this was the dragon's master's graveyard. The old god was buried under the tree.