Chapter Fourteen: challenge and a glimpse of fate

Moira's viewpoint

   It has been three weeks and three days since we left the castle, two weeks since we left the pack. I would say it was going well for us, but it wasn't, not at all. Both April and I, even Fina had been worried sick for Zephyr and Xyra.

   Although Xyra never admitted that being rejected didn't just murder her pride, it was affecting Majesty badly and therefore affecting her. She would sit and murmur while stabbing anything in hand's reach: food, wood, books, shoes, even her own hand! When she wasn't murmuring and stabbing, she was cooking her notebooks and cursing at him, or drawing images of people being slaughtered or dying gruesomely. She wasn't eating more than a day, and sometimes not for two days. She was getting weaker and the bond was slowly making her lose her mind. She spent most night as Majesty, far away in the woods and howling in pain.

   Zephyr didn't deny anything. She mostly stayed up all night crying that she wants her mate back and changing the temperature of her room, most times the house, and few times the entire street. At day time, she cried while eating, cried while showering, cried while crying about crying. Basically, she just cried or whimper. Her depression and that of Xyra's was starting to take a toll on their powers. The constant climate change in our street and the fact that when Xyra angrily screamed the other day, ten people committed suicide, was starting to alarm us.

   We didn't know what to do or how to get them to calm down. They needed their mates. A lycan mate bond is far more stronger than a werewolf's, especially with how powerful their mates were. April suggested telling her parents because they could feel that she wasn't doing fine. The whole pack could feel it and would always bombard us with questions on how she and Zeph were doing. Xyra commanded us to say they were fine so they were fine. The pack knew we were lying, but we couldn't break the command.

   Zeph sat on the beanbag chair, hugging a stuff yellow bear as she watched a sad romance movie. She wasn't crying for once, but she was sulking and her depression was floating around the place. Xyra on the other hand had been ripping stuff animals open, cutting the hairs of dolls and gorging out their eyes. April and I Just watched worriedly.

   Zephyr's new look suited her more than the other. Her brownish gold and honey blonde hair had replaced itself with semi long sharp tip Maastricht blue locks. The hair were glossier, softer and very much attractive. Though many would think it's a dye, it was natural. Her grey eyes were now a deep and dark shade of blue. Her bluish pale white skin now a warm silky alabaster skin. She was still as slender as she used to be, only rounder with fuller breasts and curves. The only thing that didn't change about her were her ruby lips and Korean look. Even her voice got slightly deeper. At least, she lost the scariness to her look.

Her mate would love it but then again…

   "Xyra, you need to stop this," I finally spoke with a sigh. She raised her eyes from the teddy she was slicing and glared at me. Fear ran down my spine and along my skin. I gulped my advice back down.

   "Xyra! Xyra!" Fina shouted as she barged into the apartment. "You need to stop what you are doing, now!"

   "Why?" Xyra hissed.

   "Because this whole block, this street and the next four streets are running mad! They are trying to gorge out each others eyes, stab their heads, rip each other apart and shave their hairs. You need to stop, please," she cried. "Your depression is going to end everyone's life! And Zeph, you made it snow outside! It's a snowstorm out there and yet everyone is trying to kill themselves!"

   "Xyra, this isn't you," April sobbed, "where have my best friends gone to?"

   "She left when her wolf went silent," Xyra said with a sniff, "Majesty haven't been talking to me. All she does is shift and howl her pain out," a tear rolled down from her cheek, "she is in so much pain and I can't do anything to help her. I don't like how helpless I feel, but I can't control it. I don't know why this is breaking us so much…"