Chapter Forty-seven: Leidyana (2)

Moira's viewpoint

   "And April stayed back with her mate when we went back to the pack. The elders are too busy planning the wedding and coronation, they won't have time to take care of the kingdom and Carswell don't trust them to the level of giving them access to his important files or office. I'm the only one available." I explained sadly. My son needed me but I had a duty to my alpha and friend. I wasn't yet mated to Zimri so I was still under Xyra's command. And even after mating, she would always be my mistress.

   "What am I supposed to do now?" He asked helplessly. "Álváró is getting…" I heard a small rustle before Álváró's voice came through.

   "Mummy, mummy, please, where is Leidyana?" My beautiful boy sobbed.

   "Leidyana? Who's that?"

   "I don't know," he continued to cry, "but I need to find her, help me find her, please."

   "Okay, okay," I racked my brain for something that would help calm him down and could only think of nothing.

   "Why don't he come over? Then when we return, we'd all look for Leidyana together?" Xyra suggested calmly. Álváró squealed happily and I could hear him jumping.

   "Nathalie! Nathalie! Come help me pack my bags!" I heard him shout as he ran off. Zimri picked the phone with a small worried sigh.

   "Should I come along with him?"

   "No, but Nathalie should escort him, for his safety. Is there any other thing we need to know?"

   "No, that is all. Please, take care of him and yourself. I've been getting too much ominous dreams lately, be careful." He warned anxiously. I nodded with a smile. We continued to talk for a while before I hung up.

   "What was that all about?" Zephyr asked puzzledly. "Who's Leidyana?"

   Xyra stroke her chin with eyes closed, humming softly. "Xyra?"

   "The kid must have been given a vision he doesn't understand. We'll need to figure out who this Leidyana is soon. She might be a huge part of this whole thing. If he saw her, then it has to be."

Leidyana, who are you?

Carswell's viewpoint

   I stood over my mother's grave, staring down at the woman that once lived and loved me. She was everything to me, the only person that genuinely cared for me. Francis only grew to love me after father died. Before she died, I told her I couldn't bear a child but I did not tell her why.

   I was devastated after she died, because I lost the last person who was truly family to me. There was always the feeling that I had Zane, Caesar, Zimri, Francis and Maximo, but there was also always the longing to have my own family.

   I thought that would never happen, I thought I was cursed to remain the only one among my friends who wouldn't find happiness. I truly dreaded the day Zane and Caesar would decide to get married, really dreaded the time they would have to focus on their wives and pups, so I selfishly kept them very busy and at my side at all times to stop that. When they found any lady that interest them, I found a way to ruin it or convince them that they were bad.

   Looking back at what I did, I felt guilty, even if it turned out right for Zane. Caesar was alone now because of me, but hopefully, he would get better. But, I was finally getting my own family. I got an erasthasis, my very own beautiful shifter mate. And when I thought I would have to live with just having her, I was going to get three more members to my family.

   It reminded me of how she reacted after I told her. She took my hand and clasped hers against it, engulfing my right hand in hers. She smiled and rubbed our hands together.

   "My joy, my only fruit, do not feel that way. I might not know the reason why you think you will never bear a child, but I know you will. You are special, Carswell, the heavens always change things to favour you so I know you will get what you want when the time is right. It might not be now, or even tomorrow or anytime soon, but I know that you will find that woman who would give you the family you craze for." I smiled when I remembered how I cried that it was impossible but she insisted that it was. And when I asked her why she was so sure the gods would change their mind, she said:

   "Because they changed their mind and gave me you." I still didn't believe, but it happened. Maybe my mother saw what I didn't see, maybe she saw my future.

   I wiped my tears as I exhaled, staring at her headstone and the name I carved there myself. The beautiful and true queen, a good mother, Leidyana.

   "Mum, you were right. I'm going to be a father soon, my erasthasis is pregnant. I hope you are watching us, please keep her safe for me."

Just block the gate to Hades like you once did to me.