Chapter Nineteen: scorching heat

Zephyr's viewpoint

   Leaving home was a hard thing for all three of us. Mum wouldn't let us go as she kept our heads pressed against each other, suffocating us with her hug and crying. No one knew how Xyra convinced us to let us leave early, but the consequences was thirty minutes of crying and hugging. Then I had to face Lula holding me tight and refusing to let go if I don't take her with us. They all knew we wouldn't be returning home for a long time as lycans didn't let their mates stay away from them. And since our mates were the busy ones, they wouldn't be there to escort us and no escort meant no travel.

   Zira and Isla clung to Xyra as they cried and babbled about how they would never get the chance to ride her wolf and make her proud. Xyra had rolled her eyes and said, "I'm leaving with my mate, not dying," but they still cried. So she made them a new promise, that whom among them to get over their weaknesses first, would ride her wolf. That was the only way to get them off her. Then we all had to deal with April bursting into tears and wailing that she can't live so far from us and needed to be with us.

   At the end, her mate had to literally hold her down as her powers exploded. It had always been us, always been like we were in our own pack, our own coven. We leaving without her was tearing at our bond but affecting her more. The heavy thick plants that grew out of the ground held us down and refused to let go. Her sadness was forcing her plant demons to grow. King just stood there watching with amusement. Xyra told us to leave, that she would join us soon as she needed to calm April down.

   That was it, we in the super cool car that was waiting for us in a human town. The king had ordered for it and we were on our way to a quiet field for his private jet. He had been drumming his fingers impatiently, letting out small growls as we got closer to the field. Leaving without his mate was hard enough, and the distance was starting to mess with his lycan's patient.

   "Calm down, she will be here soon," Moira murmured.

Where the hell are you, Xyra! Your mate is starting to scare the shit out of us!… I shouted to Xyra.

Hold your lashing, I'll be there in… A loud thud at the roof of the car made us gasp while the king sat up in alert. The car halted instantly… I'm here… She announced.

   I rolled my eyes as I calmed down. She hid her scent and aura so she could startle us. She released it all before bending her head down the king's side of the car and giggling. His tensed shoulder relaxed as he let out a relieved sighed.

   "Did I startle you, did I? Did I?" She asked him excitedly. He rolled his eyes.

   "Just get into the car,"

   Xyra pouted, "you are no fun. Move back," she said before her head disappeared. The king pressed his back to the chair and moved his face from the window. Xyra swung herself in through the open window, landing on her mate's laps. He instantly pulled her into his arms, burying his nose into her hair as small growls rumbled in his chest. Xyra was giggling.

   "How's April?"

   "She tried to imprison me in a cacoon," she giggled, "but Lex was able to hold her down enough for me to get to her."

   "What did you tell her?" Moira asked.

   Xyra smirked, "that she is pregnant and needs to think about her baby and her family. It worked because she stopped and just sat there frozen in her frozen mate's arms. I can't believe he didn't catch the scent earlier, it's allover the place."