Chapter Thirty: You really should keep it down

Carswell's viewpoint

   "Carswell, if you keep pacing, you are most likely to dig a hole into this floor," Xyra chuckled. She was more relax about the whole thing for someone who was given a mission by the goddess to find the beginning of… Whatever she said.

   "Why aren't you worried?" She looked up from the book she was reading and cocked a brow. She was clothed in nothing but my sweater which fell off her shoulder and swallowed her small body. She sat on the bed in a crisscross and she was not helping with the amount of skin she was showing.

   "Because I don't want to end up like you," she shook her head as she chuckled, "look at you, you are so tense you are making the poor foxes around whimper and fidget. Calm down, Cassie, before you overwork yourself. Worrying won't change anything, just subtract your lifespan…"

   "We are talking about a war!" I shouted exasperatedly.

   "Okay," she closed the book and place it at her side, "you have been pacing around for two hours, what have you achieved since then?"

   "I…I… Well, nothing, but…"

   "Just calm down and let things flow naturally," she shrugged, "it has always work for me that way. I'm not saying worrying is bad, but you can't let it affect you to the point of… Well, this," she pointed at me, "it's just starting. What will you do then when the real shit gets down? Just save your pacing for then."

   As weird as it sounded, it did help me calm down. She patted the space beside her with a smile. "Come sit, I'll massage your shoulders," she tilt her head to the side, "or do you prefer sex or a good blowjob? You can dominate me this time." The smile across her face and the mischievous twinkle in her eyes already had my cock twitching with excitement.

   I shook my head and walked over to the bed to sit down beside her. I folded my leg into the bed and shook my head. "I'll prefer my subjects don't hear me moan or get the pleasure of listening to yours," she snorted, "I'm serious, Empress, no sex."

   "Massage it is then," she patted her thighs, "rest your head here," I raised my other leg, "shoes off, mister," I kicked off the shoes and removed my socks. I entered the bed properly and laid with my back down, gently dropping my head on her soft bare thighs. "Why are you always shirtless in your room? It's distracting,"

   "Because I'm always hot and need to let cool air ease it," I replied. She hummed and started with my shoulders. A small moan left my mouth.

   "You really should keep it down, we wouldn't want your subject to know how good I make you feel," she teased gigglingly. I shut my eyes and smiled. "You know, if anyone told me three years ago that I would escape from my prison, meet my family, go to school and then drop out because I found my mate who would reject me and almost die from heartbreak, then end up flowing with him like we have been together for years, I would have haunted that person's dreams for the rest of it miserable life. But yet, here we are. I almost feel like I love you, do you feel that way Carswell, or is it just me?"

   I raised my hand to her face and pinched her nose, emitting a giggle from her. "You don't love me, at least, not yet,"

   "That's why I used almost, dummy. I'm just trying to say it feels so natural and almost like I love you. And even though I don't yet, I feel like I will in the nearest future. Do you think you will fall in love with me too?" The loose strand of her hair grazed my cheeks as she held her head over mine. Her voice was soft and timid, laced with embarrassment for asking such a question.