Chapter Sixty: Another surprise

I just realized that I missed a chapter all these while, so I added it back. I'm sorry to those who missed it.

Xyra's viewpoint

   I remained still in Carswell's arms as he carried me up the stairs. We arrived at the vampire kingdom, but I couldn't walk after getting an unexpected pain in my abdomen. I knew the pain would be there, Majesty and I had been working on it since the elf goddess told us what to do. It was a gradual process and we needed to start the process soon so we began. The pain was an after-effect of what we were undergoing. But the only problem was that the pain was too soon.

   Since I couldn't walk, Carswell took it upon himself to carry me. "Now, I have to warn you, Maximo's wife is a bit of a chatterbox," Carswell said nervously, "well, more than a chatterbox,"

   "How bad can she be?" Moira asked. She had Álváró in her arms since he refused to let me go because of his Leidyana. Zeph and Zane stayed back this time.

   "She's..."

   "Cassie, baby!" A feminine voice shrieked. "Oh la la!" Carswell groaned, pulling me tighter to his chest. The shrieking continued and I was forced to look at who was shrieking so loud as she made her way to us. It was a gorgeous dainty looking woman. She looked so small and fragile that I couldn't stop thinking of china cups.

   Her leather black hair complimented her light grey eyes in a sort of way. Her lips were crimson, almost like blood but not blood and she had the strangest little birthmark under her eyes. Her face was covered with few noticeable freckles and she had a little tiny growth under her nose. Nevertheless, she was breathtaking.

   "Cassie, my love! My darling! The apple of my eye!"

   "Daphne, please, my pregnant mate is allergic to noise,"

I'm what?

   It happened within the flash of an eye. One minute I was in Carswell's arms, the next she stole me and ran away laughing. I held on to her tightly so she wouldn't drop me. She somehow found a way to jump with excitement even as she ran.

   "Daphne! Give her back!"

   "She's mine now!" Daphne, the vampire queen. I heard she was a character but didn't know she was this much of a 'person'. She took me into a sitting room, threw us on a soft beanbag chair and cuddled me. "Mine, mine, mine!"

   She was hugging me so tight it left me dazed. A vampire who I knew was the king was sitting on another chair, a sofa this time. He had a magazine in his hands as he stared at us in clear amusement.

   "Daphne, who is that and why do..." He sniff the air and chuckled, "You made Carswell angry again,"

   "Look, honey, Carswell bought me a new doll!"

   "Daphne, that's his mate, not a doll... Wait, you are his mate, right?"

   "Yeah?" He nodded and gave his wife a pointed look, just as Carswell burst into the room, growling angrily.

   "I swear, Maximo, I'll end this thing you call a wife one day!"

   "Nice to see you too, Finneas," Maximo chuckled. Carswell growled and threw his head back in annoyance.

   "What's with you and Zimri and calling me names I don't like? For fuck sake, call me Carswell or Ryker!"

   "Ryker sounds like biker and hiker to me, so no, Finneas is a nice name with a nice meaning and you hate it, that's why I love it." He grinned. Carswell rolled his eyes at us and growled again.