Chapter Fifteen: the chase

Xyra's viewpoint

   The sun had set and the night had spread her garment across the plain sky. There were no stars out tonight, but the moon was big and full. I was strolling through the forest, heading back home after Majesty went hunting. I was hyper excited and full of energy from the run and the beautiful moonlight following me.

   It was way pass ten in the night. Mom and dad were already bothering me to open the mind-link so they could go parents on me. I didn't want to let them, I needed the peace alone.

He's near… Majesty chirped. And maybe because I'd felt him coming for me way before he even got close to our territory.

   Majesty was going out of her mind with joy as she paced impatiently, wagging her tail with enthusiasm, impatient and anticipation. I stopped walking at a clear field and raise my head up to the moon. A contented smile spread across my lips as his luscious scent filled the air and flowed into my nostrils and lungs. Power returned to me, powers and control I lost during my three weeks of agony. It felt good to get my powers back again.

   The energy raged in me, curled my toes up and made my fingers twitch. It exploded in me, the powers broke free from the prison my depression locked it. I released the energy, letting it spiral around me in it visible colourful form. My body lit up with the energy, my hair ascending to float above my head as my irises glowed. I probably looked like I swallowed a million glow worms and had azureish white energy rising from my body like flames and the royal azure whirling around me spirally. The power pushed the grass and trees around me, bending them like a powerful wind storm. It created a hole around my feet, spreading the grass thin and flat.

   I smirked as I felt him standing behind a tree, watching me. Of course, the display of power wasn't just because I needed to release the energy after being locked up, but because I wanted him to see who he was dealing with. I gathered the energy up, pulling them away from the trees, grass, from the spiral whirl and pushing them to my feet. I looked over my shoulder and winked at the lycan I couldn't see but knew he could see me.

Catch me if you can.

   I dashed through the forest, flashing through trees, trunks, animals, even mountains. Majesty and I agreed to run on my two feet, because she would certainly jump him instead of running. I heard his paws behind me, the grunts and growls leaving his lips and the sounds of the obstacles he crushed to get to me. I was actually surprise he was keeping up to me, really surprise.

   I looked behind me to check how close he was, but the lycan I saw made me stumble and almost fell. I managed to get back on my feet in time and continue running, switching to a zigzaggery running method. His lycan was huge! Freaking huge! I knew lycans were bigger than the other, depending on how strong they were and the family they came from, but his size was ridiculous.

   What was I saying? Majesty was a giant compared to every other werewolf, because she is stronger. So maybe that was the case. His lycan wasn't any colour I had ever seen or read in any lycan record. His lycan almost looked gold, or rather was gold, the same shade of light gold as the lycan dragon tattooed to his body. The tip of his golden coat was flaming red, like the raging lava of an active volcano. The red looked so bright it almost felt like I was being dragged into a volcano. His claws shared the same shade as the tip of his coat, just like his eyes and the mane around his head and flowing down to his back. His tail was puffy and pure gold, except for the streak of the red that dwelled in the middle of the tail and covered the very end of it.

He was scary, but beautiful.

   I turned my eyes back to look ahead with a wide grin. Majesty was howling and jumping, her mate was impressive too. There was no being that would be able to look into those flaming eyes and not be consumed. We loved the power radiating from him and trying to dominate us. It was a game of chase and dominance.