Chapter Fifty-seven: The knowledge in the book

Xyra's viewpoint

   We sat in a room, an empty room for the occasion. Álváró said that only I would be able to see the book, but the others mentally connected to me could see through my eyes. I had the book floating in front of me as I murmured spells I didn't even know where I learnt it from. My hair flew like the book and glowed too.

   "I, Xyra Lumina Crescent, wish to know the story of the witch, Myrtle; to learn the beginning of the story and rewrite the ending." Almost immediately, it felt like I was pulled into the book. I found myself standing in an empty white place.

   "Artemis, last daughter of Selene," I turned around sharply to look at who said that. Before me was the most beautiful elven I had ever and would honestly ever see. Her beauty was hard to describe but her aura was exalted and spread allover the small space in a strange kind of way. I never knew elves could be olive skinned since most of them are white. She also had dark candy apple red hair and aero eyes.

Odd for an elf I say.

   "You are the elf goddess, aren't you?" I questioned, tilting my head. She chuckled and did a funny curtsey.

   "Nice to meet you in person, young princess."

   "Hmm," I looked around the whiteness, "so, this is where you have been, inside the book?"

   "I love knowledge and prying into people's lives, so yes, it's cool to be in here. Though, it has been very boring since no one has come visiting for a while now. So, you seek to know the story of Myrtle?" I nodded. "I'll make it brief then."

   "Who is Myrtle? I know she is a witch but…"

   "She was the worse thing that ever happened to this planet, one of the worse that is. It happened almost three thousand years ago; nearly three thousand years ago. Then, witches were inferior to warlocks as the men ruled the covens and women just, you know, learn and stay in the kitchen. One witch however, wanted to be different and powerful. At first, she wanted to free all women, give her witches voices, not just the warlocks, but soon, it became more than that. Power can change people."

   "I got a vision, she had a brother, Kent?"

   "Known as Kent to the coven leaders, but his real name was Menahem, born after his older brother that died. Menahem's love for Myrtle was his doom. He gave her too many access because he wanted her to be happy. Little by little, she turned the women against the men, had them convince men but Menahem stopped her. Myrtle and Menahem fought and the battle nearly cost him his life, but she was defeated. Myrtle was banished instead of killed, which was Menahem's biggest mistake."

   "She came back," I stated.

   "After harnessing all the dark energy from the cave she found and lived in. Myrtle's powers became too powerful and with her new powers, she returned but then, Menahem was already dead. He couldn't bear the fact that his sister was away because of him and it killed him. The new head of covens was weak and was killed within five minutes of battle. But of course, even after she became queen of magic–like she called herself, the women and men refused to bow to her after seeing her for what she truly was."

   "That didn't sit well with Myrtle, but she couldn't change their hearts so she seized their minds. Myrtle used her dark puppet shadows to possess every witch and warlock that refused to join her course, but few followed her at will or fear. With her new army, Myrtle attacked the wolf clans. The battle was intense but she was losing. So, she caught fairies and used their wings to make herself and her minions stronger. With her new powers, the tables turned to her favour. She expanded her attacks to the vampires and elves, because as you know, werewolves, vampires and elves are largest in number. Kill them, and humans are as good as dead as they would lose their protection."

   "Myrtle went beyond and gained a new power, the power to use her shadows to possess the dead bodies of vampires before they turn to ash and the lycans. Elves were too pure to possess. Her army of dead lycans, werecanids and vampires grew more and more everyday. Humans died, supernatural died and the earth was in chaos. That was when Selene knew she had enough. Chloris, Aurora, Athena, Aphrodite, Hera and Amphitrite were also as angry as Selene and together, they each placed a blessing on Selene's seven daughters, one goddess blessing to one daughter. The daughters were sent to earth. They were killing machines, created to eliminate evil and injustice and that they did on the day of the battle."

   "The seven girls I saw in my vision?"

   "Yes, them. After the war was over, they used their powers to build the barriers, separated everyone and buried Myrtle in a sacred place. They sealed the horrible memories of the war away, not one soul remembers the war and it was never written. After that, they died. Selene had no idea they would die. The powers were too strong or something, no one could really tell why they died afterwards. The sacrifice was made, the war ended and everyone forgot. However, they somehow forgot about Myrtle's daughter. The daughter didn't care, the daughter was kind hearted and good. That daughter got married and bore a child and it continued like that until Asia, a similar power hungry child was born."