Chapter Three: facts

Being a wolf with all the strength, agility, hearing, and speed wasn't all to me, my foresight and mental ability; psychokinesis and of course, my strange magic was another thing. I sat on the cold water floor with eyes close. My teacher, the head of the ladies, guided me through my spiritual training. Her name was Kelly Fernwick.

I haven't fully explained what the ladies do, have I? The ladies live in the castle, far from humans and any supernatural reach. The castle is only open to those who they give permission but to be given permission, your child has to be in there. They just find the rarest of females and take them with or without their parents' permission. Like Zephyr, she was taken from her parents, as was April.

"You have control over everything as long as your mind is capable to withstand the power. All you have to do is breathe and collect the energy around you, breathe and reach out for that light you see and touch it." Her instructions echoed in my head.

"Good, open your eyes," I opened my eyes and smiled. Everything in the large room was levitating at my command. "Do you feel any mental stress?"

"A little," I lied. I had learnt from instinct not to tell them when I already know how to do it. Majesty is very persistent with training beforehand, and my instinct always warn me to seem less to them.

"Now, we are going to try to five things at once with your eyes open," okay, that, I have never been able to achieve. Three with my eyes open, yes. Five to six with eyes close, yeah. But with eyes open? Oh, dear. "You ready?"

"Yes, I'm ready."

"Make everything in this room other than me, stick to the rooftop," I breathe in deeply and did as she instructed. "Good. Now keep it up while you joggle these fireballs,"

"What fireballs?" She threw seven flaming balls to me. I quickly caught and began joggling them. This was certainly what I had never done.

"Now joggle the metal balls with your mind," she threw heavy metal balls at me. I almost screamed before I mentally caught it. The things on the roof shook a little. "Good, now slide that table from one end of the room to the other, endlessly-"

"But that table is magic and cannot be moved,"

"Well then, start moving it." I could feel the pressure building in my head, but I had to do it because it was for my own good too.

"And...?"

"The table must move at whippet speed,"

"I can barely move it," I cried. The mental balls fell down.

"Pick them up and again from the beginning, I want that table moving and moving fast,"

'How about I move your head into my teeth?' Majesty growled. I was protecting her from the pressure at the same time. The last time the pressure got to her, I blacked out for thirty minutes and when I woke up, I destroyed half of the castle.

"Very good, Xyra, you never fail to disappoint me, that's why you are my successor. Now, connect your mind to the kitchen and move everything in it. Rearrange the dishes and cook dinner."

"That's a lot," I sobbed.

"Do it, Xyra." I wanted to cry, but I wasn't allowed to cry too. Beads of sweat broke out on my forehead, the pressure in my head turned to a small pang of pain.

"Now, rearrange the books in the library with your eyes still open,"

"That's six," I whispered.

"Exceed your limits. Do it." I saw the library in my vision, found the stacks of books, and began arranging them alphabetically and by colour pattern. I made sure I dusted the shelves first, the books too, before setting them in. By the time I was done with the library and the kitchen, I was at the edge of passing out.