Chapter Sixty-five: Let's do this

Xyra's viewpoint

   We talked about the whole thing for over twenty minutes before they all left. Carswell sagged behind with Majesty to hug the life out of me before he left. Zane carried me to the throne room and sat me down on my throne. I held the arms of the chair and closed my eyes to watch Majesty's movement.

   Majesty was speeding to the barrier, Carswell, Moira, April and Zimri on her back. Caesar was carrying Athens and Maximo wasn't even anywhere in sight, just like Zephyr. I kept tab on them, Zane holding my hand tight so he could see what was happening too.

   It took them four hours to reach the place. Athens raised her hand and waved it, causing the barrier to appear. The barrier was white, pure white and solid. The barrier parted enough for them to pass. They all got off Majesty. I commanded her body to morph into haze and disappeared. They turned invisible after crossing into the barrier.

   I kept my eyes on Carswell but looked around carefully, just to make sure nothing would happen. It didn't feel right, it was too easy. Asia and Myrtle were powerful and ought to know a whole lot of things, including when her own barrier was hacked. Not that she created it, but still, she ought to know.

   "Carswell, this is too easy," I said to him, "nothing is ever this easy."

   "My thought exactly," I felt it coming almost too late. Majesty revealed herself and jumped in front of everyone, using her shield to block the powerful ray of dark energy.

   "Shit, she was expecting us!" Athens shouted. "Everyone, split!" White hawk wings burst out of her back instantly. She immediately grabbed Maximo by the hand and flew away. Moira manipulated her gravity so she could fly. She grabbed April's hand and flew off after Athens and Maximo.

   "Go, Majesty, we'll take it from here," Zimri shouted. He jumped into the ray of dark energy and split it in half. Majesty ran off after the others. Before she was completely out of sight, I saw Zephyr change into something I never knew she had and something I was sure she didn't know either.

   Her irises and cornea had turn jet black just like her eyes. Death whirled around her, flowed through her veins and lifted her off the ground. Black veins coated her face from her neck and into her eyes like a crack.

   Majesty ran out after that. Majesty's paws thunder on the ground, cracking it with every step she took. Bodies laid on the ground, vines tying them down or being magically weighed down by Moira's or Athens' magic. We paid no mind to them, just kept running through the witch town to locate my friends.

   Majesty whipped her tail anytime any enemy showed up, shooting them with the spikes on her tail to paralyse them. We stopped when a tree sprouted out and formed into a tree demon. I made Majesty move around it and continued running. Trees and plants continued to sprout out at every single corner, making it look like an earthquake. We carefully ran across the cracks, avoiding all the plants that kept sprouting out. Asia's army were all coming out and screaming battle cries, but we paid no heed to them.

   They didn't attack Majesty because one, she was moving too fast for them to see and the ones that saw her got pummel down by the trees before they even thought of getting to us.

   "Majesty, do it, now!" I heard Moira shout in my head. It was my cue to take another path. Majesty looked up at the sky as we took another run. We followed the direction the extreme dark and evil aura was coming from. Gathering all my alpha and celestial aura, Majesty howled loudly to the sun, sending her command to the werecanids.

   Majesty continued to run until we got to the main mansion of Asia. Majesty burst through the doors, breaking it and everything in her path as she continued to run towards the throne room.

   "Hey, babe," Carswell said with a little chuckle as he appeared at my side, "who I'm looking for is here, we have to hurry. I feel like something bad is going to happen if we are a little bit late," with that, Majesty quickened her pace and was running at her high speed. Within three seconds, she rammed the throne room doors open. Asia was about to kiss a man?

   He had the body of a man but the tail, spikes and scales of a dragon. His energy was dark purple, but despite the scales, he was good-looking.

   Carswell sprung into action first. He immediately shot a ball of fire towards them. The demon quickly spun them around to use his body as a shield, thinking Carswell's fire won't do much damage. But immediately the fire hit his back, they were both slammed against the throne. The fire ate into his shirt and his back, emitting a loud cry from him.

‘Separate them!’ Carswell shouted.