Chapter Six: she's alive!

Zephyr's viewpoint

   We have been in the woods for days, walking only to rest at night. Okay, I flew while April had made some kind of plant to carry her. Moira never stopped complaining on how the walking had worn out her shoes and ruin her nail polish.

  "Urgh, I'm so hungry I can eat a whole April," I groaned.

   "Hey, why does it always have to be me? Moira is fatter than I am, full of flesh,"

Moira gasped. "I am not fat! I am curvy," she swayed her hips, "see these babies, they are real bless work,"

   "Fat," I giggled. She shot me a dirty look. Xyra was quietly looking around like she knew the place. Her ears twitched at every sound she heard, every slight movement alerted her. She didn't speak much since we escaped, she was worried about her youngest sister.

   "I am n…"

   "Wait," Xyra said with an abrupt halt, "did you hear that?"

   "Hear what?" I asked, straining my ears to hear. April gasped.

   "There's a girl being chased by giant dogs; rogues! Xyra…" Xyra dashed off in direction of the sound. I flew after her. We made it in time to save her sister, hopefully. I could barely keep up with how fast she was running, dodging the trees and branches in the way and jumping over trunks of trees.

   "She's from Crescent pack, I can smell them allover her. Whose daughter are you?" I heard before Xyra and I burst into the slightly open space.

   "Halt! In the name of the law!" Xyra shouted. We both looked at each other and burst into laughter.

   "What was that?" I asked between my laugh.

   "I've always wanted to say that," she laughed, "cool, huh?"

   I squealed and clapped my hands, "listen to mine. Halt in the name of Claus!" We started laughing again.

   "And who the fuck are the two of you? Can't you see we are busy?"

   Xyra rest her weight on her knees and wiped her tears. "Sorry, give us a moment," she straightened up still laughing, "okay, where were we? Oh, right, halting in the name of Claus,"

   "The two of you are idiots," Moira said under her breath as she joined us. She raised herself and fell on Xyra for support. "Geez, you two run too fast, I can't breathe… Wow, is that a naked man?"

   "I know right, our first eye to eye naked guy," I squealed. Xyra rolled her eyes.

   "Enough! What is this? Who are the three of you?!"

   "Four actually," April's voice came from everywhere. There vines snake around the girl and yanked her into the tree. The guy looked at us angrily.

   "I don't have time for this, we have an ambush to take care of. Kill them, all three or four or five, anyone, just kill them!"

   "I just thought about something," Moira said thoughtfully, "if we kill this guy, it will delay the ambush, no?"

   "You're right," Xyra said stroking her chin. We were aware that the wolves were running to us. "My first real fight with creatures that actually wants to kill me, I'm so excited," she said with actual real tears in her eyes. "Kill the leader for me, Zephyr?"

   "Can I hump him?"

   "No," I rolled my eyes and flew off after the leader who left. I cringed when I heard a loud dog yelp. Xyra was at it. I flew faster to find the dude who wasn't tempting at all. He was just naked, not hot. I caught up to him… Well, he was running back towards us because of the cries of his wolves he was hearing.