Chapter Two: what would it be like?

The day's work was almost over, I was at the last training for the day. I was trying to shoot down a small fruit fly. According to my pretty sarcastic teacher, I needed to be skill enough to shoot down a moving creature without hesitation or focus. I needed it to be part of me to the extent I can do it with my eyes close. And the best way to be perfect, is by shooting down creatures as tiny as ants. With a knife or a pin, it was as easy as drinking water. But with a gun and a blindfold, not so much.

   "Isn't this fun, Xyra?" My teacher said sarcastically, "you have been standing there for ten minutes and yet no success,"

   "This isn't fun," I huffed. She made me stand on a thin rope, over a swamp filled with electric eels. It was another war balancing myself on the slippery rope she kept shaking!

   "It wasn't meant to be fun, stupid child. Were you expecting your training to be a game of touch your toes?" She asked with mock sarcasm. "Now shoot down the stupid fly,"

   ‘I hate being commanded, I'm a queen!’ Majesty flared. ‘I'll break that bones of hers and make sure she dies.’

   ‘She's already dead, Majesty, and she has no bones.’

   ‘Oh, right, spirit not spirit.’

   I clicked my tongue to avoid chuckling out. I shut out every sound around me and focused on the flapping of tiny wings. I listened carefully to the rhythm in which it flew and where the buzz of it wings was coming from. I pointed my gun and pulled the trigger. The flapping stopped.

   ‘You could have at least shut down my hearing before you shot, now my head is ringing.’ Majesty complained.

   ‘It's your ears, Maj, shut it yourself.’

   ‘Do you want me to start?’ She threatened. I rolled my shut eyes and remove the blindfold. ‘Did you kill it?’

   ‘Let me check first, will ya?’

   "Very good, Xyra, you shot it on your first try and fired a bullet right through my skull," I looked towards my teacher and grinned. The fly must have been in front of her, so I kind of shot her.

   "Er… Oops?" I chuckled nervously.

   "Xyra, being able to shoot at will also comes with the ability to be able to see fast. You need to be able to see what you are aiming at within a second, and also learn to be careful not to shoot innocent people. If I wasn't transparent, you would have killed me. You have to be careful and, of course, learn to be able to shoot within two seconds, not twelve minutes."

   "I'm sorry,"

   "Get down from there," she commanded, causing Majesty to growl in my head. I leapt from the rope, over the swamp and to the wet ground. "You will keep practicing this until you are perfect with it. Remember, you can train outside my class and better yourself. Is that clear?"

   "Yes, ma'am,"

   "If you think you can, learn to shoot from afar with your back turned to the target," little did she know that I already knew how to do that.

   "Okay, I will try—"

   "Don't try, do it."

   Five minutes later, I was yawning as I walked to my room to rest. I was exhausted from doing what I already know how to do, most of them. Ms. Reign blocked my way.

   "What?" I drawled exasperatedly.

   "And where do you think you are going?" She asked with arms akimbo.