Epilogue

The nurses and workers ran around in panic and haste, different equipment in their hands. In a particular room, Carswell stood, yelling into the doctor's face furiously, his hands clutching the man's neck. Caesar and Zane stood behind him, trying to get him away from the doctor.

   Xyra sat on the hospital bed with an angry expression on her face, her legs parted as heavy breath left her lips. Her angry gaze was focused on her screaming and furious mate. His screaming wasn't her problem, the repeated contraction hitting her was.

   She had enough, she couldn't take it any more. "Carswell Finneas Adrienne Ryker Dulcinea Maximilien! Leave that poor man and come here, now!!!" She roared, followed by a scream of pain from the next contraction. Carswell dropped the doctor and ran to his mate.

   He sat on the bed and pulled her to sit on him, to comfort her. The doctor gasped for air as Zane helped him up. "Keep him away from my mate! Didn't I make it clear that no unmated male or any male at all should near my erasthasis! Where's Doctor Allamander!"

   "Allamander is running late, she can't make it in time and we need the babies to get out of her before it becomes too late! Stop being an ass and let the fucking doctor get the babies out! Álváró is going crazy downstairs!" Moira shouted. Of course she was there with the others to welcome the babies, mostly because her son was going crazy with anticipation. Same thing was for Daphne whose daughter kept kicking furiously.

   "No man is touching my mate! Never!"

   "Carswell, Stop being a prick and help me!" Xyra cried. "I can't take it any more… Aaaaah! Damnit, Fucking Maximilien! Get these freaking babies out of me!"

   "Okay, okay, everyone out, give me some room," Luna Eleanor, Xyra's mother, said as she pushed the crowd out of her way. "Everyone out, all of you, except my son in-law."

   "I'm sorry, mother, but this is very important and don't need your bossing around," Carswell hissed. Eleanor snorted and placed her hands on her hips.

   "In case you have forgotten, I have forty-three years of experience in the medical practice,"

   "Honey, you are forty-three, you can't have forty-three years of practice, except if you have been practicing from mother's womb." Her mate scoffed.

   "Fine, twenty years in the business then, whatever, just get out and let me help my daughter and grandchildren," she said, with a dramatic wave of her hand. "Now come on, we don't got all day." Eleanor chased them all out, leaving only three nurses.

   The birthing was a horrible experience for Xyra, and mostly for Carswell. Seeing his mate hurting and squeezing the life out of him wasn't the easiest thing to watch or bear. But he had to do it, after all, he placed those babies in there himself. By the time the first one was born, Xyra was crying from the fear of the remaining three.

   The lycan king cried as he held his son in his hands, very much aware that another was coming but he had to enjoy the moment. He didn't believe he could ever get one, but there he was, with his first child from the love of his life.

   "The next one is coming, get ready, Carswell," Eleanor announced with a whimper. It wasn't the easiest thing to watch your daughter in pain either, but somebody had to do the job. It took an hour of screaming and crying from the couple before the next was born, the female. Her birth set off Álváró and he raced into the labour room before anyone could stop him.

   "Let me have her, now!"

   "Hey, if you touch her now, she'll die, she's still too fragile. Do you want her dead?" Eleanor asked gently, trying to calm the shaking almost nine years old down. Álváró groaned and ran out again, not taking a glance at the image that might have scarred him for life.

   "Stupid pointy ear boy wanting my baby when I haven't touched her yet," Carswell grumbled. Oh, he thought it was over, they all did. So when Xyra went into labour again, her cry disoriented them.

   Carswell stood as a statue as Eleanor and the nurses began urgently attending to their queen, confused as much as everyone else who felt her going into labour again. But of course, only her personal doctor, Allamander and her friends knew about the four lives in her.

   Almost two hours and the third was born, his powers already radiating as much as the first did. And the final one came, the one that shocked them the most. Xyra didn't struggle, didn't scream, the boy slid out on his own and instead of crying, he laughed. And outside the labour room, Daphne's unborn baby kicked furiously against her mother's tummy.

_______

   Xyra held her third son in her arms, smiling at the little infant as he drew milk from her breast. She smiled at him with tears in her eyes because she knew that one day, the boy would be a dangerous fighter, a killer with an inner large beast that hadn't been seen for thousands of years. She smiled for she feared his fate, like she feared for the rest of her children.

But she knew they would be okay.

   Álváró had his little mate in his arms as he sat on Zimri's laps while Moira knelt in front of them, playing with the new born's little hand. Leidyana was a beauty, the splitting image of her father but with premises of her mother's blue eyes and locks of pure gold. Xyra was going to send her to the ladies castle for training while Carswell and Zane would train the boys themselves. Lady Ursula showed up three months after everything was over and told them that she was locked up for months before Hera struck Lady Kelly down and made her the new head.

   Just like their sister, the boys were exactly like their father but all taking the complexion of their mother, with the first darker than the rest. The first laid in his cot, sleeping peacefully and the last in his father's grasp while the mother of his mate played with his hair. The place was quiet and peaceful.

   "So, aside from Leidyana who has a name, does the other get a good name?" Zephyr asked, eyes roaming from one baby to the other. "And which one is my godson? I totally call dibs on the laughing one, can I name him?"

   "No, we already know their names." Carswell replied almost with annoyance, "can everyone not claim my children? Give me time with them, will ya!"

   "Shhh," Xyra hushed, "the baby is sleeping."

   "Sorry,"

   "So?"

   "The first is Darius Lincoln Maximilien, future king of werecanids. The second as you already know is Leidyana Daria Maximilien, the third will be called Demetrius Lelroy Maximilien and the last, Delroy Leontii Maximilien." Xyra announced with glee.

   "Nice name, suits them and I think Ysadora likes it," Daphne giggled as she rubbed her stomach.

   "Yeah, I like it too."

   "I still can't believe you didn't tell me they were four," Carswell complained. She smiled brighter but utter not a single word. She decided to focus on the present, the happiness and temporary peace around her. At least, until she would have to rise to duty and protect her family. And as long as the moon stands up above all, so shall she stand as the one and only last daughter.

Thanks for reading and sorry it took almost the whole year to finish this book. I've been so busy and this year hasn't been easy for me. I'm going to start a new story soon and I'll work hard to make sure it doesn't take so long.

The End.