Chapter Ten: an unwanted surprise

Xyra's viewpoint

   Finally! After days of partying, it was time to get the damn party over with. I won't say the party was lame. The adults attended the royal balls with the king, feasted and made plans or whatever they did to make merry. The young ones however, ranking from twenty four to below, stayed in a customized planned party. Who ever planned it was a teenager because the parties were lit.

   Day one was a sandwich bar party, complete heaven for a girl who loves sandwiches and burgers. Then in the evening, we all watched a scary love movie where everyone got eaten at the end. Day two, we played wood games all day which was so fun for those who liked getting dirty. My beautiful Lula showed those asses that size didn't matter when it came to archery. The girls and I also won a lot of medals because the challenges were more like our regular training back at the cloud castle. Then in the evening, the genius party planner threw a barbecue party.

   Day three, we went on a savage hunt, then had a mad DJ Max party. Gosh, it was fun and we had a good dance. I saw the party planner actually, the king's best friend as I was told. He was also the DJ for the first round of dancing before he left. Zeph missed it because her period just had to show up, so April took her to the room since she is bad with first days. She and April stayed back and missed the party.

   Day four, nothing much happened in the morning, but towards the evening, we attended a pool party, well, Moira did. Zeph couldn't go obviously. She found it a sin to attend a pool party and not get in the pool. She started crying when Moira kept talking about the DJ Max party, so I stayed back this time because I was the only one who could calm her down. April had to leave for her private ball for mated couples. That leaves us to day five, the final day. Day six and seven was just to rest or choose to go home.

   Zeph was feeling much better. She opted for a sexy 'I'm hot as fuck' black dress with strap heels and hair styled into a glamorous chic low bun with the bun evenly relaxed, loose curls at the front and subtle twisted. to match it. Her makeup was alarming but beautiful. April went for a gold belted sheath dress with her Permed hair restyled into a relaxed high ponytail with voluminous waves and curls. Her dress was pretty decent like the April she was, but she was beautiful. Moira went all out with her own. Even though her black extension hair was a simple side chic French twist with beautiful pin accessories, her royal blue dress and silver shoes screamed "I'm looking for sex" tonight. I tried to talk her out of it, but she wouldn't listen. Just like Zeph, her makeup was a lot for men to handle because it displayed her hotness in a sort of way. Then she decorated herself with jewels and bathed in perfume even though she knew how hard it would be on the creatures with sensitive nose.

   As for me, I was the only one wearing a flowing dress. Mine was more like a skirt and top that fit in so perfectly with each other, you'll think it's an actual gown. The skirt was an actual 'sweep the floor around me' mermaid skirt with ruffled hem and beaded draw-waist belt. The belt made the skirt and the ruffled multi pearled strap hands look attach. I really loved the grey pearls that formed the straps that stayed over my shoulders and down my arms to my expose back. I wore azure and grey so it would match my eyes. My grey–also–multi pearled strap d'orsay heels could be seen through the layered split at my left side. The shoes was also T-strap and made to be quite high. My makeup was moderate, with hair styled into a loose side knotted bun. The bun rested right above my right shoulder with two wavy pieces stylishly framing my face.

   We made our way to the ballroom to get the boring thing over with. No one is looking forward to being in a room with old people talking what we don't know. Well, all except April who seemed to love the idea of a ball. So while mom was laughing with some women and dad standing behind her like a fucking bodyguard to keep males away from his "property", and April with Lex talking to some betas, the girls and I stood in a visible part of the ball, drinks in our hands as we swayed gently to the music.