Chapter Forty-five: Once upon a danger

Asia's viewpoint

   That scoundrel! That…that…that… Animal! He ripped my arm out, my beautiful arm. I still couldn't believe I lost my arm, it felt like a dream, a very painful dream. I was always the most beautiful among all female, all! Now, I wasn't any more. The lycan took everything away from me, him and his foolishly beautiful mate.

   The girl was beautiful–very–and worth anyone's jealousy and envy. I expected her to be beautiful as a moon daughter, but not that beautiful. And worse, she took away my chosen mate. Carswell and I were supposed to be together, we were supposed to end up together as couple and rule the world, but he chose someone else, someone more beautiful; he chose her. Then, he ripped my hand away to save her.

   "Gosh! I hate him!" I shouted in tears, "I hate that he chose her over me!"

   "That is what you are worried about?" Myrtle snorted in my head, "he didn't choose her, she belongs to him. And, he doesn't even know you. Today is practically the first time you two met in person. Your obsession for him is your own problem and not to get in the way of my plans."

   "How do you mean! I deserve to rule with a powerful and handsome man! I deserve to be a queen! Carswell is everything I want in a man, everything I need and he should be with me too as the most glamorous and most beautiful woman in the entire planet," I said angrily, "but now, I am no longer beautiful,"

   "Asia, you foolish child, why can't you focus on what truly matters! If we are going to carry out with our plans, we need to do it now!"

   "I want revenge on him, I want him dead, but we need him alive to earn victory. We both know that without him, you cannot gain control over the whole world," I scoffed irritably. She thought of herself so high and mighty, forgetting she was nothing compare to the powers the other kings have. Unlike in her time, the present elf, vampire and lycan king were extremely powerful.

   "There was no lycan dragon in my time and I still almost won the war,"

   "Almost, isn't good enough. You didn't win, you lost and you know that unlike then, there are people with powers stronger than the ones of then. Only the elf and vampire king is enough to stop the war, now imagine if Carswell doesn't get under our control, we would lose for sure!" I shouted, turning my body around to face my vanity mirror so I could see her.

   Her face was my reflection, her dark eyes and hair flowing around me in it dark energy. A sick smile spread on her lips. "But, I do know how to win the war, I found something interesting during my time of imprisonment."

   "What is that?" She rolled her eyes playfully, "Myrtle?"

   "There is a story that is untold, the story long forgotten; the story of the weredragon that bore a child for a demon," she floated out of the mirror and whirled around me in her dark form, her index finger running the length of my jaw, "the story of the child who was more demon than dragon and so wanted to be a full pledge dragon. So, to achieve that, he went about killing weredragons and eating their hearts, so he could be a full pledge dragon. But what he didn't know was that to become a full pledge one, he had to eat the heart of a real powerful and old dragon, the king of them all. But of course, he nearly wiped out all the weredragons before he was killed by the master of the oldest of dragons." I wasn't understanding what she was trying to tell me. So there was a psychopath in the past, so bloody what? How does that concern me?

   "My dear Asia," she singsonged, flying further away from me, "he was killed before he got to know that, at least that is what the master thought. The demon was able to keep a fragment of his soul locked up, so one day he would return if anything should happen to him. If we wake his soul up, we could get him to work for us in exchange of the information, in exchange to help him get the heart of the lycan dragon. He would be happy to help us."