Chapter Fifty-five: I found you! (2)

Xyra's viewpoint

   "Leidyana, I found you, I found you," I understood, one of my kids was a female and she was his mate.

   "The baby is his mate," Moira said.

   "Baby? Xyra, you are pregnant already?" Caesar asked quizzically.

   "My first child is a girl?" Cass said with a frown. Of course, he didn't know, and I still wasn't going to tell him.

   "Al, you saw my daughter in your dream?" He nodded. I wiggled my nose curiously. "How was she like?"

   "She was nice and cute and funny and her fox was called Trix. I don't remember her face, but I know she's cute," he smiled, "she's mine, right, aunty?" He blinked his cute little eyes. It made my eyes water from his cuteness.

   "Yes, all yours."

   "Hey, you can't claim my baby when I haven't seen her yet!"

   "Her fox was called Trix?" Moira repeated. Always the one to rethink everything.

   "I'll explain later," I sighed. Carswell came to us and pulled Al away.

   "Ten feet away from my woman and daughter, young man,"

   "But my Leidyana…" He cried.

   "No, she is mine, not yours. So keep your dirty little boy hands to yourself. You can't claim her when I haven't even seen her yet!"

   "Mine!" Al shouted and in a blink of an eye, he was hugging my stomach again. We all chuckled. This is going to be a war.

   "Moira, get him away!"

   "No can do,"

   "I said shoo!" Carswell shouted again, trying to drag Al off but the kid has quite a grasp.

   "Can you leave him be?" I snapped.

   "But…"

   "Carswell," I called threateningly. He scoffed and flipped his ringlet curls which I packed into a ponytail.

   "Fine, suit yourself,"

   "There were two Leidyana, an old one and my own. My Leidyana took me to the old one who told me that I should tell Aunty Zeph to go to her grave, sit on it and pass into the spirit world because she can. She would be waiting for her at the other side. She said you must come soon, before it's too late." Al spoke calmly, shocking all of us.

   "This old one, was she dark skinned?"

   "With your eyes, yes," Al answered evenly, "and she said she misses you. That is when she took my Leidyana away," he broke into tears again. I looked at Carswell to see his eyes welling up with tears and emotions.

   "Carswell, were is your mother buried?"

   "Not far from here," he rubbed his eyes with a painful smile, "Zeph, can you do it today? Or…"

   "Tomorrow, I have to be really ready for it. I've only entered the realm of the spirit once," she said nervously. Zeph was unlike any I've ever seen like I have made known from the beginning. Her powers were strange, powerful and deadly. She could enter the world of the dead and come back, even if she refuse to because the other side was too scary to her and made her feel dead.

   The first time she entered, she almost couldn't get out, but I helped her out. Then, she hadn't accepted her full powers so I was certain she would be okay now.

   "Al, stop crying," Moira said softly, trying to carry him but Álváró screamed in protest. "Al, let her go,"

   "No, Leidyana would leave me again, I don't want her to leave," he cried. I needed to be with Carswell; the news of his mother was making him sad. I patted Álváró on the shoulder with a careful smile.

   "Leidyana is never going to leave, she's right here," I used his small hand to rub my stomach, "and as long as I am here, she would be too. So when she does come out, you'll be here to hold her, I promise."

   "I don't." Cass muttered.

   "Can I stay? I don't want to leave her,"

   "Of course, as long as your father agrees with it, then it's fine by me." I looked at Moira who mouthed a 'thank you' to me.

   "I'll go beg daddy," he chirped, jumping away from me. He ran over to Moira with an incredible speed and took her hand, "come on, mum, we have to tell Dad we found Leidyana, quickly," she said hastily as he tried to pull Moira along with me.

   "Calm down a little," Moira laughed, reaching her hands down to pick him up. If my son doesn't end up as cute as him, I'll peel his face off.

_____

   Carswell stood at the balcony, looking at the moonless but star clothed sky. His sadness reached me through the mate bond. He missed his mother a lot and wished to see her again.

   The wind blew coldly into the room from the open French window. The curtains danced along with it, making a light fluttering and peaceful sound. With the room lit dully, it almost looked beautiful.

‹Well?› Majesty asked impatiently.

   I tightened the lace rope of my nightdress to cover my body. It wasn't wise to torture him when he was sad. I walked over to him, hands crossed behind my back as I stride over to him. When I got to him, I wrapped my hands around his manly stomach and rest my cheek on his back.

Why does he have to be so tall?

   He sighed with contentment, his stiff body lowly relaxing. "She was the one person that genuinely had my best interest in heart. She told me I would find you and get the family I long for, but I didn't believe her. I miss her. Have you ever lost anyone, Xyra?"

Have I? No.

   I didn't lose anyone to the account of death, but I did lose contact with people I truly care about, people that truly cared about me. His words brought tears to my eyes as it made me remember the three dwarfs that raised me; my mothers. I won't say I forgot them, I always had them in mind. But I pushed thoughts of them away because it only made me shed tears. And also, Lady Ursula, the one person among the ladies who truly loved me. She probably sacrificed her existence for my sake. So yes, maybe I have felt lost.

   "Sometimes, I wonder if she is still alive," I said shakily, "but I try not to ponder over it because it makes me cry. I lost four mothers, Carswell, so I do know how it feels."

   "They were never your biological mother, were they?" I kept my mouth shut. I knew pushing on would only cause him pain, so it was better to just comfort him with my warmth. And that, I did.