-17-

For the fifth time in ten minutes, another surprise came.

Midget yet 'all powerful' Gato was walking on the unfinished bridge. An army of bandits behind him with all sorts of weapons and cocky expressions.

"Good job. You couldn't even kill a.. well an omega!" He shouted from a far distance, clearly seeing how strong the shinobi in front of him were.
Narutos eyes shot to Zabuza who was thriving in rage.

"Kakashi may have killed your son.. but he's not the one who set you up."
Zabuza clenched the handle of his sword.
"Any shinobi knows those bandits aren't here just for a good show... and we both know he was never going to pay you."

Kakashi caught Naruto and held him against his body as Zabuza ran to the makeshift army.
All they could do was watch. With blood and dead bodies, the more they increased and the more damage Zabuza took.

"Kakashi."

He looked down at Naruto.

"Lay Haku down properly, he wasn't the one to blame for all of this."
"What are you even doing? It's too risky-"
"Just do it Kakashi. Lecture me about being reckless later along with Uchiha."

And so, Kakashi laid Haku peacefully on his back as Naruto held onto his shoulders. He took the broken mask off and rested it beside Hakus head.

"H-hey! H-hold on! Let's talk about this Zab-"

Zabuza spit the kunai out of his mouth and fell to his knees. A knife lodged in his chest with senbon needles in his neck and arms.
He went to lay face first on the concrete, suddenly feeling tired but arms wrapped around his abdomen.

"Let's get you to your son."
Zabuza only grunted and Sasuke took the lead in helping Naruto.

They helped him lay down and Naruto intwined his arm with Sasukes.

Zabuza sighed and looked at his son.

"Why help?"
"Because I've seen shinobi die alone... your son nor you deserve that."
"I sent my blade through you."
"And I'm not a petty person. Even if there's a bounty on top of your head, you'll never amount to any money for anyone... nor will your son, I promise you that."

Zabuza moved a piece of Hakus bands.

"Your a good kid."

Kakashi looked down at Naruto who gripped onto a piece of his vest.

"It's snowing."
Naruto smiled. "Once an ice nin, always an ice nin."

Both alphas looked at Naruto. But he was facing the gently falling snow.