Chapter 26

Race day

Carlos's pov

We all woke up in good spirits and said our goodbyes. Ferrari has had a good week with the cars, especially Charles, I on the other hand only just got out-qualified by Seb. Whilst getting ready for the race my race engineer gave me some tricks for a few turns and we watched some of the other practice sessions for the other drivers to get an idea of how they are driving. Charles on the other hand was getting a very intense lecture from his engineer who wanted a Ferrari to win. I couldn't help but laugh as he started to close his eyes, which earnt me a few stares and a middle finger, I blew him a kiss back whilst putting my helmet on.

Race commentary

"It lights out and away we go, nothing changed as we go into the first corner with Pierre trying to make a move up the pack but quickly losing the places landing him near the back of the field. Vettel and Verstappen pushing for those podium places."

13 laps later

"It's been a calm race with no real intentions the Ferrari of Leclerc still pushing far ahead of Russel who is getting pressure from Cela.

10 laps later

"Ohhhh that's a nasty collision between Gasly and Schumacher both trying to overtake the other, a clip of a wheel is all you need to send them into the barrier, Gasly clips Alex who spins until stopping in the gravel. Gasly and Schumacher both seem to be alright, look a little dizzy as the red flags come out.

Redflag ends

"Red flag is now over, but Ricciardo has not been seen since going to the garage. It has been reported that there is a mechanical issue and therefore he has to retire, we'll keep an eye on that situation."

20 laps later

" 10 laps remaining, and we can confirm Albon, Gasly and Schumacher are in the medic room being checked."

8 laps later

"Final two laps it's looking to be a Ferrari win. A bit further down the pack, Lewis Hamilton seems to have a small fire in the back of his car, which is going to force him to stop on the side away from danger. That's a fierce fire but he should be alright as he hops out and becomes the fireman."

End of race

"That is it. CHARLES LECLERC HAS WON THE ITALIAN GRAND PRIX. home of the Ferrari you can see what they mean to them."

Results - Charles, Cela, Russel, Carlos, Verstappen, Vettel, Norris, Perez, Tsunoda.

Daniel's pov

It's annoying when you get a fault that isn't your fault, you can't fix it but that's just racing I guess. This does mean I can watch the race that turns out to be a bad idea as I have seen multiple replays of Pierre, Mick and Alex colliding then lewis stopping and catching fire, he is going to be heartbroken. I decide to leave them and watch the rest of the race then go to medical with the others who have just finished media duties.

I collected everyone and raced to medical to check on them. We walk in to see Alex cuddled between Mick and Pierre and Lewis with his hands behind his head sleeping but not peacefully. "Hey doc, everything ok with them?"

"Hiya everyone, I need to speak to Carlos, Daniel, Checo and Sebastian, please. Ok boys firstly with Alex he is absolutely fine no problem was just slightly dizzy. Pierre and Mick are fine just need to be careful the next few days tell them to take their tablets on time and they'll be fine. Lewis on the other hand psychically find a few minor burns on his back but I'm more concerned for him mentally, I know this isn't my place to say but I think you need to talk to him. He was quiet, reserved, not wanting to hug the boys, I've never seen him like this.

This is of course not the news we wanted to hear. I guess we are having a meeting tonight.

At the hotel room

Lewis's pov

I knew what the doctor had said to them which meant I also knew that I'm going to have to talk to them but before they could corner me I ran to the bathroom and locked the bathroom. I knew it was the car's fault and it proves why I was shit this weekend but still, I feel like I could've pushed the car more, I should just retire, quit then everyone would be happy. My thought was stopped when a small knock on the door followed by a voice which u made out to be Max's.

"Lew I know what your thinking okay? But please come speak to us you don't need to be strong for us. How about we have a shower, calm you down and then talk to everyone?" to be honest a shower with max did sound inviting. (not in that way you pervs). I got up and unlocked the door to see a sympathetic Max standing there with his arms open. Immediately I walked over and kissed him before relaxing in his arms. After a few minutes he pulled me back and started to undress me (again not like that) it was quite domestic. He soon undressed and started washing my body.

"You okay to speak to everyone now?" Max said as he pulled a hoodie over my head.

"Yeah"

After explaining and apologising we all watched a movie and eventually, I fell asleep on the sofa.

The fittest guys and girl in F1

Max - I think Mercedes is still putting pressure on Lewis for the championship.

George - isn't every team? Toto is clear in what he wants.

Max - yes but I think its an overwhelming amount

Seb - how about we monitor him for a few days then see how he is, he might just be overwhelmed a bit?

Anna - Seb is right we can't just assume, George would you mind keeping a close eye on the two?

George - of course, I can.

Lewis - you know I'm on this group chat right, I promise no other pressure is being put on me by too. It's just me.

Anna - shit Lewis I'm sorry

End of text

Anna's pov

One by one everyone went to bed I was with lewis and max tonight so I made them get changed then snuggle lewis in the middle.

"You would tell me if something was happening right?" I asked.

"Of course, I would love" he replied.