Chapter 43

Hi all, here is the next part currently working on a few more chapters! thanks for all the positive feedback!

Back to the race

Commentary -

Currently, the running order is Verstappen, Vettel, Russell, Norris, Ricciardo, hamilton, Sainz, gaily, Albon, Tsunoda and Schumacher. It will stay behind a safety car which should be out for 2 laps before coming in.

Team radio - verstappen

MV - how far behind is vettel

RB - 1.8 behind, keep this pace and you'll win max.

MV - ...

RB - max? 2.0 now, keep pace.

MV - sorry was lost in thought, thank you.

Max Verstappen wins the Canadian grand prix with Vettel in P2 and Norris P3. trophies to come next.

Cool down room commentary -

Max - have you heard anything?

Lando - no Charles hasn't texted, and neither has Andrea??? Max, I'm getting really worried, what if she you know?

MAx - she'll be fine baby, come here.

Max and lando hugged as the screen turned on and started showing pieces from the races.

Seb - are you both okay? They've turned off the live feed in here after lando slight moment.

Max - no, I don't think any of us are.

Lando - nope

Seb - I've heard from the hospital, and they won't tell me anything until I'm there in person, the plan is to do this stupid presentation then my trainers going to drive us, and Pierre is taking the others now.

Max - why did they continue with the race? It's stupid!

Seb - I know it is, let's just get this over and done with then we can go.

Commentary -

Sorry for the cut in broadcasting there ladies and gents. Sky decided the moment was too intimate to share. Moving on, it will be a short and sweet ceremony today by request of the FIA, this means trophies will be given and no national anthems will be played, champain will also not be shaken and will be given to the driver still closed. Let's get on with it, here they come now.

Social media -

User324 - did anyone notice how Lando's eyes were bloodshot?

User657 - I saw that! He looked so upset so did Max and seb, it was so sad to see.

Seb's pov

Max, Lando and I are currently arriving at the hospital in our race gear due to practically running from media duties. We make it to the entrance to see a large amount of paparazzi waiting outside.

"What's going on here?" Max questioned them.

"Did you not here? There are a bunch of F1 drive... omg max Verstappen, lando look a the camera!" they started screaming when they turned around. We managed to push past them and raced to the front desk.

"Hi, here for Anna Cela, I'm her emergency contact." the nurse quickly directed us to a different room, where everyone else sat fidgeting with their fingers.

"The doctor will be in shortly" the nurse left.

"I'm going to head out, charles text me any updates si?" Charles nodded his head then thanked Andrea as he got up to leave. I caught him on his way out.

"Thank you for taking him here, if you need anything let us know." he nodded and moved past me to the door. Once he left, the room filled with silence, no one daring to say a word. It is rare some moments get us like this.

"Mr Vettel?" the doctor enters.

"Hello, what can you tell me?" I turned to face him as he beckoned me out of the room, I followed as he led me down a corridor to a door.

"Before we go in, she came to us unconscious. We did some tests and found some internal bleeding, we managed to locate and stop the bleeding however she will need tablets to heal fully. Another point is she had a blow to the head which caused her to lose consciousness in the first place, because the area of contact is too hard to pinpoint we don't know what she'll remember when she wakes up. I think that is all, her chart has all the specifics if you would like to read it. Are you ready to go in?"

"Uh yeah, I guess, just a quick question, if she has lost her memory will she be able to get it back?" I asked the doctor.

"As of yet we don't know, as we are unsure of the extent of the injury we can't put a scale on anything, but like I said it might not even happen. Just a couple of things, at the moment only you and one other pre-registered guest, this can't be swapped, here at any time. Also if she starts to wake let the nurses know." he opened the door for me and closed it as I stepped past the threshold. It wasn't the worst I could have looked but still was very upsetting, she was led down with her arms covered in monitors and a fluid bag strung through her nose. Her eyes were closed and she looked almost relaxed as I took a seat next to her, I held her hand in mine and smiled softly at her as she lay perfectly still. After a few minutes, I decided to talk to the boys, even though they all deserve to see her not everyone can, and they also have no clue how bad her injuries are. I kissed her hand as I placed it back on the bed and left the room quietly. I quickly made my way back. When I entered multiple heads shot up, I put on a light smile and started explaining.

Seb - in a simplistic way, she hit her head which caused her to go unconscious, she has some internal bleeding hence the surgery. She is not awake yet and when she does wake up she might have some difficulties with her memory.

Checo - by deficiencies with her memories does that mean she won't remember us?

Yuki - wait what she might not remember us? But...

Seb - the doctor doesn't know the severity of it nor does he know if she will have it.

Lando - can we go see her?

Seb - that's where the difficult bit comes in, the doctor told me it can only be me and 1 other person only to see her. I assume it to not crowd the room but also so they have another contact?

Charles - so we've got to decide who goes?

Seb - yep, I think we need to think about this, everyone here deserves the same amount, however, we need to pick someone who can be calm enough if anything happens.

Lewis - how about a secret vote, everyone puts down a name on a piece of paper and the one with the most votes gets picked.

Mick - yeah good idea but nobody can vote for themselves, we've got to think so the best person there is.

Seb - okay Max pass me your hat, and there is paper on the table, I won't vote unless we have a tie. Once your done fold it up and put it in the hat.