Chapter 40

Next day

3rd person

They all woke up rather on edge the next day, all getting ready into their kits ready for practice. Seeing as the Aston Martin and Mclaren garages were next to each other, the 4 respectful drivers walked together to their cars. They stopped at McLaren first and saw the two cars parked out ready for practice, however, instead of a number 3 car, there was a number 81 on it.

Daniel - i..i

Lando - hey it's ok we'll figure out what's going on, it might just be a promo shoot for Oscar next year.

Anna - Lando's right, let's not speculate.

The 4 of them spotted Oscar in the corner looking rather timid, so they called him over to question him.

"Hey guys, how are you today?" Oscar asked and put his hands in his pockets.

"Actually, we were wondering what was going on here. Do you know anything?" Lando questioned.

"I'm driving in practice 1 today?" Oscar answered.

"Wait.. what?" Daniel wearily replied. Lando immediately tries to find Zak hoping for answers but before he can make it inside the garage, he feels his feet leave the floor, however, it wasn't because someone stopped him instead it was simply that he tripped over a cable.

"Lan! You alright?" seb approached. He cradled Lando's head in his hands and checked for bumps.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine Seb no need to get your nickers in a twist," he replied and walked back over after a McLaren member got an ice pack.

"Lando! Someone told me you hurt yourself?" Zak said looking rather panicked.

"Yeah I'm fine however, we want to know what going on here!" lando almost demanded, then remember he was talking to his boss so his cheeks turned rosy.

"Ah your talking about Oscar, it was discussed ages ago when we knew we were signing him that he would drive today." he lifted his arms up and around Oscar's shoulder who quickly shrugged them off.

"Did you not think to tell your driver that?" Daniel sarcastically asked.

"Well no, anyway Danny we don't need you until this afternoon. Lando, Oscar, let's get you in these cars!" Zak exclaims whilst dragging two apologetic mclaren drivers away.

"You two ok if I crash in the Aston garage? I don't think I'm welcome here right now" Daniel asked timidly.

"Of course, love, wouldn't have it any other way!" seb picks up his hand and drags him along with Anna trailing behind. Once they made it to the garage the two Aston drivers got dragged away, leaving Daniel standing in orange kit in a place full of green.

"Hey! You lost Daniel?" Anna's mechanic called, making his way over towards Dan who had managed to find himself standing in the corner like a lost puppy.

"Hiya, yeah. Anna and Seb got dragged away for fp1 but seeing as I'm not driving they invited me here," he replied and started to follow Ricky (Anna's mechanic) towards the desk.

"Well if your up for it we could use some driver's advice, we'd love for you to sit in this session?" Ricky asks.

"Are you sure? You don't want to be involving the enemy?" Daniel questioned.

"Dan don't worry about it and anyway you are far from the enemy the only thing bad about McLaren is Zak." Ricky laughed and gave Dan a headset. He moved around and let him sit on the set before the data. They pointed things out to him and asked him lots of questions. They sat there for an hour going back and forth until Anna came out and tried to find him then she spotted them sitting staring intensely at the data from the previous grand prix.

"Boo!" she screamed

"AHHH" Daniel screamed like a little girl, Anna started laughing her head off.

"Your dead!"

"Oh shit! no dan please I'll be good!" she shouted in his ear as he wrapped his arms around her stomach lifting her up on the counter.

"do you apologise? I need to hear sorry" he said whilst tickling her.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry! I'm sorry you sound like a little girl when you scream!" Anna giggled as seb rescued her off the counter and placed her on the floor behind him.

"You little... you're in for it later. Now get in the car you have 10 mins before the session starts, you too seb!" Dan pushed them towards their cars.

A few hours later, after FP2

3rd person pov

After they had finished practices, all of them met up at the hotel and settled down.

"Hey, lando?" Lewis asked

"Mhmm?" lando hummed.

"Do you want to share tonight? I've booked an extra room?"

"Did you actually?" lando quizzed.

"Yeah I did, and I would love to share it with you if you were up for it?"

"Yes definitely but why especially today?" lando asked

"Well I know things are hard to understand right now so I thought I would give you a chance to escape you know?" Lewis combed through lando hair.

"That would be lovely, and thank you for thinking about it." Lando sighed as Lewis pulled him up and they walked to the door.

"Hey! Where are you two going?" Yuki scared them.

"Lan's had a rough day love, so we're going to a different room to destress, I have heard that Pierre might be open for a cuddle if you want company?" Lewis gently pushed Yuki away, to which he obliged and happily ran off. This was the thing bout their relationship they understood that not everyone was needed but they also knew when they were.

Pierre's pov

I was walking into the bathroom when I got tackled by a figure, now going by how far they had to jump to reach me i'm going to say it's either lando or Yuki, but I know Lan's with Lewis so it couldn't be him.

"Hey babe, you alright?" I asked and turned around and placed him on the counter. He swung his legs as they hung in the air.

"Lewis said you be open for cuddles so if it would be ok I would like them." Yuki blushed.

"Of course, you can Yuks you don't have to ask me ever, but can we do it after my bath, I feel really sticky, you could even join me if you can't wait." Yuki's pout turned quickly into a smile as he started getting his special collection of bath supplies, to be honest, he was the best to have a bath with because he has the best smelling things I started to pour the bath and waited for Yuki to return.

"Okay I have face masks and a new bubble bath and this stuff my mum gave me." he started to dump them into the bath and pushed me to sit on the toilet seat as he applied the mask though he would let me see the colour. I heard him tell me to get up and he took a photo of me.

"Okay you can look now!" he had given me a custom Alpha Tauri one with his name printed in glitter.

The group chat.

Yuki - look at Pierre in his lovely new mask I brought him!

Mick - ahh babe you look cute.

George - please tell me you have a video of his reaction.

Yuki - that I'll do I will send it to you.

Pierre - whatever, just so you know Mick is now my favourite,

Lewis - like we're going to believe that, we don't play favourite. Anyway Yuki, do you have any more face masks for me and lando?

Seb - oh yeah I meant to ask where you went.

Lando - Lew took me to a separate room to destress, also Yuki could you get that lovely strawberry soap you have?

Yuki - ill send it up now.

Lewis - lando off your phone, I told you not to use it unless it was an emergency.

Lando - in my defence strawberry soap is an emergency.

Anna - amen

Max - yes sir

Charles - yep.