Chapter 28

The next day

Checo's pov

After hearing about Max's dad I made sure a trusted person was with him at all times, most of the time it would be me seeing as it's a race weekend. We've dealt with his dad before but that was when we first found out about it and after that, a restraining order was placed. I decided to call red bull or more specifically Christian.

On-call

Christian - hello, Christian Horner speaking.

Checo - hey Christian it's Sergio. I need to talk to you about a guest visiting Redbull this week in America.

Christian - oh hello Sergio, what is the name of this guest?

Checo - Jos Verstappen

Christian - Max's dad? He was invited by Max. Is there something wrong here?

Checo - yes, max has a restraining order against Jos over a private matter but he is not allowed to be near max or contact him.

Christian - oh shoot! I'll get him off the guest list but he may already be in America. The only thing I can do is stop him from entering red bull hospitality.

Checo - as long as he is kept away from max it is fine, would you mind keeping an eye out for him?

Christian - yes absolutely I will find out who allowed him on the list in the first place.

Checo - thank you, Christain, see you soon!

Christian - no problem, I'll text you later once I know.

End of call

"Max, can you come here please?" I shouted as I finished packing my clothes. He entered looking tired and confused.

"Yes love?" he said, plopping himself on the bed.

"I called Christian and explained the situation briefly and ask him to take Jos off the list and to find out how he got on there in the first place.is that ok?"

"Yeah that's fine," max said seeming sort of reserved.

"Is there anything else you need to tell me?" max asked before leaving when I didn't reply, he is a weird guy so I left him to it.

A few hours later

We board our jet and sit in different places. I sat with Pierre whilst everyone else pushed themselves to the front of the plane, the only other who didn't was Max who sat at the back by himself.

A few more hours into the flight I get a text from Christian, I open it to see some information regarding Max's dad and I'm a little shocked but also annoyed at what I see. I gently move Pierre's head off my chest and make my way to Max, gripping his bicep and pulling him past everyone towards the jet's bathroom. I push him inside and place him on the side, locking the door.

"Why didn't you say anything?" I accused him.

"I don't know what you're talking about." he looked away from my eyes.

"Seriously Max, I got a text from Christian saying that you specifically asked if Jos could be put on the list as you haven't seen him in forever. Do you realise how badly this could affect you?" I practically scream at him.

"I'm sorry, he rang me on a private number so I picked up and he threatened me to add him to the list. I had to do it, he would hurt those I care about if I didn't!" Max started shaking whilst stumbling over his words. I realised it was a panic attack and called Lewis in to help me, who rushed in as soon as he heard Max's broken sob.

Shit I'm such a bad boyfriend of course he wouldn't do it intentionally, but now he's having a panic attack being I shouted at him. This caused me to run to the back of the jet and curled up in the seat letting silent tears drag down my face. A few minutes later my shoulders are rubbed, I look up to see lewis with a soft expression on his face.

"What are you doing, shouldn't you be helping Max?!" I started to panic thinking something happened.

"Hey I don't need two panic attacks in one day, now all you need to know is that Max is fine and he is not annoyed at you."

"Why not I hurt him and I shouldn't have. I'm such a shit boyfriend, I don't deserve his love." Lewis was taken back by my words as he walked off leaving me crying.

I heard footsteps approaching, I didn't bother looking up knowing they would just walk by. That is until I feel fingers under my chin raising it slightly.

"I don't hate you, I never could. We both just have a lot of different emotions going around. Anyway I should've told you about my dad sooner, however, you shouldn't have reacted the way you did." he held my hand with his. I look down at his bicep

"Holy shit, did I do this?" I see an angry red mark appearing on his bicep making me want to bury myself alive.

"Yes, but I promise you it didn't hurt and it's like when we do exciting things in the bedroom, it will be gone in a few days no harm done."

After that, we both settled down and slept the rest of the flight.

"There are some rules I need you to follow this weekend Max," I stated once we are in the car. "I know it feels like I'm controlling you but it's just a precaution." he slowly nodded his head.

" ok so 1) please make sure you're with one of us at all times so you have the extra protection 2) if you lose us go to the centre driver's room 3) if anything happens call us no matter what. Do those sound ok?" I ask and he nodded his head complying easily.

Arriving at the paddock

"ah, Sergio Perez is just the man I wanted to see"

"Oh, Christian what can I do for you?"

"We managed to get Jos off the list but because he's an ex-driver he gets access to the FIA's free tickets meaning he's here."

"Shit thank you, Christian, can you keep an eye on Max throughout the day please?" he nods then moves over to talk to some mechanics.

"Max love I need you to follow me please?" he looks quizzically the grabs my hand letting me drag him away.

We make it to the driver's room to find everyone relaxing waiting to start a movie.

"I need a quick meeting with everyone then you are free to watch anything you like. Max's dad is in the paddock today with permission from the FIA meaning he will be watching Max very closely. I need you all to stay on high alert in case you spot anything unusual, we can't let anything happen no after last time."