Chapter 31

This is written by @imjustheretoread20 , I thought it was great so I posted it. Thank you!

Four weeks later

Max is fully healed and all legal agreements have been sorted, he is seeing a psychologist who is helping him adapt but he is basically himself again. There should be no further problems with Max's dad.

Leclerc's pov

Taking the jet to the Monaco circuit is always nerve-racking for me as it's my home race and I need to do well there. Anna was currently asleep on my left shoulder and Seb was curled up on his seat with his head on my lap. Having the boys and Anna by my side did a lot to ease my nerves for this race.

Lewis's pov

I was sitting in the jet with Checo in my lap, gently running my fingers through his hair when he looked up at me.

"You feel tense, is everything alright lew?" He asked me softly. I nodded.

"Just worried about the race, a street circuit brings higher risks, one mistake could cause serious damage to any of us. It's also Max's first race back." Checo hugged me tighter, humming softly in agreement with my words.

"We'll all be fine, I'm sure," he told me. I smiled giving him a quick peck on the lips before returning to combing through his hair with my fingers.

—flight over—

Anna's pov

Charles gently shook me awake when the plane landed and we were all now heading to the track. There was a large crowd surrounding the entrance to the paddock, most of them screaming Charles' name, welcoming him home, it was great to see.

3rd person pov

Max was talking with his engineer about qualifying when he spotted Lewis looking pissed off about something, Max quickly excused himself and followed Lewis to the joint room where he found him frustratingly pacing around the room. He walked up to Lewis and gently hugged him.

"Love? What's going on?" Max asked him, gently leading him over to the couch and sitting down with lewis on his lap.

"I've been slow through all the practice sessions and I need a good result tomorrow because it's so hard to overtake on this track, I just don't know if I can do it," Lewis replied.

Max kisses his cheek "You'll work it out lew don't worry, your a fantastic driver and tomorrow is a new day. That's what you told me when I started to recover, if I believe it so should you."

With the promise of a relaxing bath with max, Lewis was ready to head back home with the boys and Anna to get ready for qualifying the next day.

skip to qualifying 

—commentary—

"Welcome back to qualifying here at Monaco, Charles Leclerc is looking to impress here at his home race"

"Both Cela and Vettel are looking very quick in the Aston Martins"

"The Mercedes of Lewis Hamilton is really struggling for pace during both qualifying sessions, can he deliver anything more in Q3?"

"Leclerc is currently on pole position but Verstappen is looking to counteract that and is currently on a flying lap"

"Ferrari is quick to respond, Leclerc is on another flying lap coming around turn 6 and- OH! He's in the wall! Charles Leclerc crashed in Q3 at his home race."

"The session has been red-flagged putting an end to Verstappen's flying lap meaning he can not challenge Leclerc for pole, what an angering moment for the Dutch driver, that was shaping up to be a very impressive lap."