Chapter 29

A day later (skip Thursday so it's Friday)

Lewis's pov

We decided to keep Max in the hotel till today to make sure his dad can't get to him, however, today is practise 1&2 meaning he is going to have to go to the track. Today it was my turn to watch him, we first all walked to the garages and were stopped by Christian who informed us Jos was not here today meaning we could live normally but slightly aware just in case.

A few hours later

We managed to complete FP1&2 with no trouble and also made it to the hotel safe meaning we just had tomorrow and Sunday then we can do legal action against him. Even though we haven't seen Jos we all know Max has been getting messages and calls of him threatening him, meaning we need to get that phone off him for the weekend or until we sort this out.

The fittest guys and girl in F1

Lewis - meeting in the main room in 5.

End of chat

I made my way downstairs to see everyone there and Max sat on the other side of the room looking rather reserved. I look at the others and nod, making my way over to Max and kneeling in front of him.

"Max, love. We need you to be safe and healthy, mentally and physically. So for that reason, we are going to need your phone for the weekend, is that ok?" I ask whilst stroking his knee. He responds by pulling his phone out and pushing it on the sofa, then gets up and leaves to the kitchen.

"I'll go check on him," said Alex as he got up and followed him to the kitchen. I grabbed his phone and placed it on the side and sat next to Mick pushing his face into his neck, he held me tight as we waited.

Alex's pov

I walked through to the kitchen to see Max with his knees to his chest and his head in between them crying his poor heart out.

"Max, Maxy, I need you to listen to me. You shouldn't need to fear him, the messages will stop when we get the legal agreements sorted ok?"

"Please don't, he told me he was going to hurt me when I'm alone then he's going to hurt you all. I can't let that happen, I can't be the reason you all get hurt." he sobs into my arms, he ends up tiring himself out leaving me to pick him up and walk back into the main area where I see everyone looking at us with soft expressions on their face.

3rd person pov

Goerge takes Max from Alex's arms and settles him between himself and Yuki who quickly tuck themselves into his body.

Seb grabs his phone and calls the FIA office.

On-call

FIA - hello, how can we help?

Seb - This is Sebastian Vettel speaking, I want to inquire about a visitor to the us grand Prix?

FIA - ah Mr Vettel, do you have the name of this visitor?

Seb - oh sorry yes, Mr Jos Verstappen?

FIA - Max Verstappen's dad? What can we do for you?

Seb - yes him, we are having some personal issues regarding Max and his dad, is there any way of making a formal complaint to not have him here?

FIA - unfortunately, we have already issued him a ticket meaning we will not be able to stop him from attending the remaining activities this weekend but a formal complaint can be made to prevent this from happening in the future.

Seb - thank you very much, after this weekend Max will be doing a formal complaint.

FIA - no problem Mr Vettel, we will be expecting your call. Have a good weekend.

Call ended

The next day

Max's pov

Today was qualifying, to be honest, that's the last thing I'm thinking about. We all know my dads here today, the fucker thinks he can come into my life again as soon as it's going good. Anyway, right now I'm being guarded by checo and Pierre before getting into the car for qualifying, I wanted to have a minute to myself to prepare but as soon as I stood outside I saw him staring at me with that stupid smirk making me want to puke. I guess that didn't go to plan, I feel suffocated but qualifying is about to start so I have to suppress it till after. Making my way back in I smile at the team before putting my helmet on.

Qualifying commentary

"Welcome back, we have a good sunny day here, let's see who can be the fastest!"

Out in q1 - Max, Daniel, Mick, Alex, Yuki.

"It's interesting to see Verstappen at the bottom of qualifying, he seemed completely off the pace compared to his teammate."

Out in q2 - Lewis, Charles, Pierre, Carlos

q3 - George, Anna, Seb, Checo, Lando

Max's pov

I race out of my car after the session and go to my driver's room. What the fuck is happening to me today. As I'm doing my after race cool down, there was a knock at the door.

"Come in!" I shout back at them, the door opens then closes. I hear the lock turn. I turn around and stand completely still.

"Hi Max." that voice, haunts me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked timidly. He slowly approaches me.

"Can I not visit my favourite son?" he asks.

"We both know you don't consider me your son, and when you do it's only to get things from my wins! Tell me what you want?" I say confidently.

"I may not consider you my son but you still represent my name and until you don't you belong to me. As for what I want, I want my fucking son to be good. What was that Max?! Should've known you were a waste of fucking space you piece of shit! P14 what the fuck?! Honestly, what's the point of you being here." he pulls me by the neck so I'm in eyesight with him as he speaking he slaps my face multiple times.

"Please I'm sorry, I will do better please?!" I sob.

"Fucking baby look at you! Crying your eyes out!" He punches me in the stomach and he continuously hits my face. Eventually, it all goes black.

Seb's pov

We haven't seen Max in a while, checo saw him go to his driver's room but he hasn't been seen since qualifying. We are currently all waiting outside his room to exit.

"Max love, it's us, can you let us in please?" I softly ask whilst tapping on the door. We don't hear anything so I knock louder, still no response.

"Max seriously let us in!" I started getting worried, Checo put a key in my hand which belonged to the door in front of me. I open the door to reveal Max barely breathing on the floor looking like he has been beaten up.

"Holy shit! Max! Can you hear me?!" I don't get a response, however, he is still breathing. I look around the room not spotting anyone in here except the group. I felt something squeeze the wrist, I looked down to see Max blinking his eyes.

"Hey something happened, I need you to stay calm and stay still, please? We're getting you help Maxy." he looked u at me with a broken smile.

"Medics are here, Seb you need to let him get looked at" Yuki replied pulling me away.

The medics immediately rush around him, eventually putting him in an ambulance to the local hospital which is where we are heading now.