Chapter 36

I sat in front of the principal office, sucking on another lollipop and swinging my feet back and forth, hoping that Cal was getting his ass chewed out because he decided to attack me for no reason.

"Cass!" someone exclaimed, coming into the front office which held the principal's office. "Where are you?" Panic and nervousness filled their voice as if they had no idea where I was, even though they knew that I was in the building.

I rolled my eyes and scowled while I kept swinging my feet back and forth. "Go to class, Bryson," I said before I started to chomp on the lollipop to get it finished before Bryson got there.

May turned around from where she was seated and looked at me with a stent look on her face, and I had to bite my lip to keep myself from laughing at her. "Shh!" she exclaimed and put her finger to her lips.

I choked on a snort and some of the pieces of my sucker, and she grinned before she turned around while Bryson walked over to me. "Didn't I tell you to go to class?" I asked and raised an eyebrow.

Bryson scowled and looked me over to make sure that there was no marking on me. "Yes," he grumbled. "But I wanted to come to see you first. Are you ok? Are you hurt?" he asked, changing the subject.

I shook my head no. "I'm not injured at all," I said and tossed the stick into the trash. "There is no scratch on me, and sadly, there is no scratch on Cal, even though he did end up on his face after he tripped over me."

Bryson slowly nodded. "What happened?" he asked. "Why did Callum decide to attack you?"

I shrugged because I did not know the real reason why he attacked me. "I want to say it is because I ignored him when he called for me," I said. "And then I smirked. He thought it was directed towards him."

Bryson raised an eyebrow and stayed silent.

"I was eating a Tootsie Pop and thinking of the commercial that goes with it," I replied. "He thought that I was smirking at him because I was chomping on it since he had called out for me."

Again, Bryson slowly nodded. "Did you think that he was going to hurt you?" Bryson asked, and I shrugged.

"I honestly didn't know what he was planning," I replied and shrugged again. "All I knew was that I had to be prepared and see what he decides to do." I cocked my head while I thought of the events leading up to it. "He did call me a bitch, which isn't a problem because I have been called that multiple times before and am one."

"I don't think you are," Bryson said, and May snorted. He looked at her and raised an eyebrow, and I looked at her and smiled because I knew what she was going to say.

"I've only known her for like three hours, and I can tell that she is a bitch," May said, and my smile grew wider while I nodded. She winked at me and cleared her throat before she tossed her head. "That's fine. I am a bitch, too, so it works out."

I bit back a snort and shrugged. "It takes one to know one," I said in a singsong voice, and she snorted and rolled her eyes while she scowled.

Bryson looked at us amused and cleared his throat while he grew serious. He turned his gaze back to me, the fear in his eyes strong while he tried to make sure that I wasn't lying. "Are you sure that you are ok, M- Cass?" he asked, almost blowing his cover again.

I rolled my eyes and scowled. "Yes, I am fine," I said and leaned back in my seat while I folded my arms across my chest. "You should be asking Cal that question, even though I didn't do any damage to him."

Bryson raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure that you could have caused him some injuries?" he asked, and I nodded in confirmation.

"I am a highly trained fighter," I said and shrugged while I grimaced. "I have been training since I was born. I think I cause him some injuries."