Chapter 12

One by one, my group came on and greeted me with the same response. Question and shock filled their eyes when they saw what was behind me, but they made no comment about him until Harry came on.

A look of fear passed over his face, and worry filled his eyes. He looked at me and then looked at the wolf. "Are w-"

"Yes," I said, interrupting him with Jack and Mack chorusing after me. "We're ignoring him."

Xav lifted his head and looked at me, annoyed. He flicked his ears back, and I couldn't help but smile innocently at him. He didn't like that I told the group we were ignoring him. However, he knew that I wouldn't change my mind, so he huffed and laid his head back on his paws.

"Okkkk?" He frowned and glanced between me and him. Worry filled his eyes, and I snorted and rolled my eyes.

"Would you stop?" I asked, rolling my eyes and scowling. "He's not going to hurt me." I paused and cocked my head. "I don't think he can."

"Besides, Ren isn't even panicking," Jack added. "If he is panicking or worried, then you know that something is wrong."

"Well, then Ren doesn't care as much as he says he does," Harry retorted. He gulped, and his face grew slightly pale while Ren turned his dark, cold gaze toward him and away from Xav and I. "I-I-" He stopped trying to talk and looked at me for help.

"Down, Chewie," I said, calling him by his nickname because he could sound like Chewbacca from Star Wars. I smiled, amused, because when he turned his gaze back to me and scowled.

"We all know that he does care about her," Kayla said while she placed on some fake eyelashes. "He is very protective of her."

I rolled my eyes and scowled at the cold male we were talking about. "Too protective," I said, and a sly grin appeared on his face while he shrugged his shoulder.

"Hello, to you, too, Cass," he hummed in his thick Italian accent that he never got rid of for some reason. "How are you?"

I made a face and shrugged. I missed them so much, hating the distance between us and having to go through our Senior year alone. "Been better," I replied, honestly. I leaned against Xav and sighed. "I want to be there," I added. "You know? I just..." I grimaced and shook my head.

"Oh, we know," Kayla said as she continued getting ready for her competition. "It's weird that you are there, and we're here."

"Speaking of not here, did you know that Mr. Brickson isn't teaching here anymore?" Harry asked, getting over his fear of Xav and Chewie. "Like, his office has been changed and everything."

I raised an eyebrow. "It has?" I asked, and both Jack and Mack had to hold back their laughter. "Why didn't you tell me?"

Harry blinked and blinked again. He looked dumbfounded, and I wondered what was going on through that mind of his. "I thought you already knew," he said dumbfoundedly. "I mean, Jack said he had messaged you when he found out."

I furrowed my brows and cocked my head. "He did?" I asked. I looked at Jack, and I had to keep myself from laughing because his face was turning red while he tried to keep himself from laughing. "Did you tell me that Charlie was gone?"

"Why do you call Mr. Brickson Charlie?" Harry asked, interrupting Jack from talking. He pursed his lips in disgust. "He is, well was, our teacher, and he is an adult."

"Why don't you call him Charlie?" I shot back. "He said that we could as long as class wasn't in session." I gave him a pointed look, and he shrugged. "But it feels weird calling him "Mr. Brickson,"" I added. I pursed my lips and wrinkled my nose. "We both hate it for some reason."