Chapter 69

A/N: This is the song that Cass will be singing. I thought I'd put it here because there might be another song. ;)

~Rissa

_______________________________________________________________________

I entered the drama room later that day and moved a hand through my hair while I looked around to see who was gathered and saw people bunched together, talking and laughing while they waited for the teacher to come in.

My heart ached while I watched everyone interact with each other, and all I wanted to do was go back to my school and be with my friends and group.

The people in the room stopped talking when I walked in, and they looked at me with different looks on their faces.

I bit back a small sigh before I shook my head and slowly walked further into the room.

"Cass!" Bryson exclaimed from where he was seated at the piano. He smiled, ignoring the other people gathered. "How are you? I am glad that you were able to make it."

I bit back a small smile and shifted my bag higher up my back while I walked over to him. "Hi, Bryson," I said and dipped my head closer to my chest in greeting. "How are you?"

He scowled and narrowed his eyes, and worry flashed through his eyes. "Don't do that," he scolded, and I raised an eyebrow in question. "Don't ask me how I am when I already asked you."

"But I already did," I said with a shake of my head. "So, how are you?"

"Good," he said with a shrug. "Ready to get playing the piano for all of you. Are you ready to sing?"

I nodded in confirmation and stayed silent.

"What are you going to sing?" he asked and raised an eyebrow.

"Lost in the Brass," I said, "from Band Geek."

He slowly nodded and stayed silent. There was a look in his eyes, and I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow while I looked at him.

"What?" I asked. "What is that look for?"

Bryson's eyes grew wide, and his cheeks grew slightly red. "Oh, nothing, nothing," he said and shook his head. "Why would there be a look?"

I scowled and narrowed my eyes while I studied him. "Bryson," I warned, and he bit back a small grin. "What is that look for?"

"I think you should do something else," Bryson said and shrugged. "I don't know why you would like to sing that song, but it's ok."

I rolled my eyes and scowled. "And what song would you like me to sing?" I asked and raised an eyebrow.

"She Used to be Mine?" He raised an eyebrow in question. "Let's get into the musical type of thing?"

"Uh, no," a girl said, and we looked that way to see a blonde haired girl, looking at us. She scowled and narrowed her eyes while we stared at her with blank looks on our faces. "You can't do that song because I am doing it."

I rolled my eyes and scowled. "You can't claim a song, Girlie," I said while she scowled and narrowed her eyes further. "I can sing it if I want to, even though I don't want to do it."

"Well, I am going to be Jenna, so you don't need to even try." She moved a hand through her hair, and I rolled my eyes and scowled.

Of course she is, I thought bitterly while I pursed my lips in annoyance.

"Uh, she can try if she wants to," someone said, and we looked that way to see someone that looked like someone that I knew from way back when.

I bit back a small scowl and narrowed my eyes at him, but I didn't say a word before I looked away in a small dismissive way.