Chapter 63

"So, are you glad that you went shopping today with me?" my mother asked while we walked out from another store. She nudged my shoulder, and I wrinkled my nose and pursed my lips in annoyance. She laughed and nudged my shoulder. "Come on, Cass, don't act like that," she said. "We are having fun."

"You are having fun," I replied coldly. "I am just here and holding all of the bags of clothes that you are buying."

"Some of the clothes are for you," Mom reminded me while she gave me a pointed look, and I rolled my eyes and scowled. She laughed and nudged my shoulder, teasingly. "At least, half of them are yours."

"Because you wanted me to get them," I said and rolled my eyes while I scowled deeper. "I don't know why you wanted me to get them, but I know better than to argue with you."

"Well, some of those jeans make your ass look good," Mom said with a teasing wink, and I burst out laughing while my cheeks turned red. She winked again and flashed me a small smile, and my face turned redder. "Now, it's just finding someone else to agree with me."

"Mom," I groaned with a laugh. "Stop. You are embarrassing me."

"I am your mother, Cassidy Dear," she said and patted my arm. "I am allowed to embarrass you." She gestured to my body. "Besides, you need to find someone and give me some babies soon. I'm not getting any younger."

"Mom," I groaned, and my cheeks turned another shade of red. "I am not even out of high school yet, and you're talking to me about babies and having them?"

"Yes," she said and nodded. "You only have a few months left of high school and will be an adult soon, so it is a good time to talk to you about them."

"And what about school?" I asked and raised an eyebrow. "Don't you want me to go to college?"

"I do," she confirmed and nodded. "However, I would like to have grandbabies soon so that I can at least enjoy them while I am still young and am able to play with them."

"But, college," I reminded her, "or at least something else. I can't do that if I have a child."

"And what else are you planning on doing?" Mom asked and raised an eyebrow while she grew serious.

I shrugged and grimaced. "I don't know," I said, and my face slowly started to turn a normal color. "I'd like to travel before going to college and settling down before I have kids. I want to travel and see different places."

I want to go to the places that Cass has gone to when she was close to my age...

"Oh?" she asked and raised an eyebrow, and I nodded in confirmation. "And where do you want to go?"

"Paris again," I replied with a shrug, "and other places. I don't know. I'll think about it when it's closer to that time."

"With what money?" Mom asked, and I gave her a weird look. She grinned and shrugged, knowing full well that we didn't have to worry about money for some reason. "And what if you find a dark, handsome man on your travels?" she asked and raised an eyebrow. "Will you stop then?"

I didn't respond and shrugged while I thought about the man of my dreams with eyes of blue. I had a feeling that if I ever met him in this form, in this body, then there would be a chance that I would put my happiness on hold for him.

I'd always put my happiness on hold for others...

"Cass!" someone exclaimed, and I turned around and saw Bryson with a man beside him, who took my breath away and had my heart pounding hard in my chest. He grinned when he saw me looking at them, and I gave them a half-hearted wave when he waved.