Chapter 10

I sighed and felt relieved, knowing that I would find out that answer. I hated that I would have to wait, but I didn't care because I had this sinking feeling that I would know it soon. "Ok," I said, and he looked relieved when I didn't push. "Will I also find out why I'm attached to you?" I leaned against him and buried myself further into his fur.

He chuckled and nodded again. He wrapped around me closer, his body heat warming me up, and I felt comfortable, even though he was a large wolf and could hurt me with those big claws of his. He was attached to me, too; I could tell. He loved being near me, even though we knew that I would have to leave him soon.

"Will there be a time when I don't have to leave your side?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper. I didn't look at him when he lifted his head and studied me with his deep blue eyes that I had fallen head over heels in love with. "Except for going to school because I have to do that." I wrinkled my nose and pursed my lips in disgust. "I don't like school."

The wolf whined and nudged my shoulder. He was wondering why I didn't like school; I could tell. He wanted me to open up about my feelings and talk to him about stuff that was bothering me, such as school.

I sighed and shook my head. "I'm a new student," I said. "I don't have that many friends except for Bryson, like I said before." I shrugged and turned back to my school work. "I miss my old friends and the antics that we get into." I cleared my throat and licked my lips. "I only have five friends, but they were more than friends. They were my family."

He nodded, and I could tell that he wanted me to continue.

I sighed and moved a hand through my hair. "I was known through the school as the class clown," I said, "which I sort of was, but there was more to than just that. I was known by name, but only those five knew the real me." I shrugged. "And Charlie, but he doesn't count." I shook my head and smiled. "Jack thinks he's a stalker, and in some parts, I agree."

The wolf scoffed and rolled his eyes when I mentioned another male's name, and I could detect a little bit of jealousy. He grumbled and laid his head on his paws, but I knew that he wanted me to keep talking. He wanted to hear my voice and hear what he had missed during those times apart.

I turned my head and looked at him, amused. "Jealous much?" I asked, teasingly while I raised an eyebrow.

He groaned and laid his ears to the side of his head. He tried to act like he wasn't jealous, but I could tell that he was.

"Ok." I turned my body slightly so that I was facing him, and he raised an eyebrow while I looked at him. "Why aren't you jealous when I mention either Bryson or Charlie, but the moment I mention another male's name, you get jealous?"

He shrugged and didn't look at me. He didn't say a word through this weird way that I could understand him, but I could tell that he was a little bashful because I caught him being jealous when he didn't need to be.

"Jack isn't someone that I can see myself dating if that is what you are worried about," I said, and he looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "He's like my brother and will join me in mischief-making with his twin sister named McKenzie, well Mack for short."

He looked relieved to know that I wasn't interested in dating him and cocked his head, silently asking me what my other friend's names were.

"Then, there is Ren. He's the weird "creature of the night" person that we, Mack, Jack, and I, grabbed ahold of when he moved to my old town. He dresses like a Vampire, and we tease him about being one. All he does is roll his eyes and ignore us." I cocked my head. "Though funny thing is, I think he is one. I have no idea how I know that, but I know." I shrugged. "I just haven't told anyone else yet. Not even Charlie knows."

He nodded, and curiosity filled his eyes, and I could tell that he wondered if my friend was actually a Vampire or not. He would find out if he was or not, and I felt that he would not tell me if he did.

"Then, there is Harry." I shook my head and smiled. "He is just a bouncy ball of a person, and I swear he can get excited about anything or anyone. He gets super distracted, but he is very smart. And no, he is not a Warlock." I winked, and he rolled his eyes, amused.

Silently, he asked me about my other friend, and I wondered if he thought that my other friend was a male like the others that I had named. He kept his head on his paws while he waited for me to say something about them.

"And then there is Kayla. She is the beauty queen/barbie person of the group." I shrugged. "She is also the last member to join our little group because she didn't move over there until sixth grade. She loves makeup and dresses and anything pink." I smiled and shook my head. "Don't let the high heels and girly-girl look fool you because she damn well knows how to throw a knuckle sandwich, and that is why I had asked her to join our group."

He chuckled and nodded. He raised an eyebrow, and I had a feeling he was wondering if I had ever gotten them into trouble before.

I shook my head, no. "I am an angel," I said, and he snorted and gave me a look that told me he didn't believe me. "What?" I asked, cocking my head and staring at him innocently. "I am."

He shook his head and gave me a pointed look. He told me that he didn't believe me, and I understood why he didn't.

I shrugged. "Ya," I said. "I tried to be an angel once. It wasn't fun." I cocked my head. "Being a devil child is more fun. I get to stab people with my pitchfork, and they jump higher." I turned back to my work while he chuckled. "Some people say that you can see both the halo and the horns. I think that's true, but I think that the horns are more renowned than the halo, especially when someone gets on my nerves and I get my revenge."