Chapter 53

"So will Commander let me explore the rest of the building later on?" I asked while I reached into my bag and pulled out something to eat. "Or am I only allowed in those two places?" I raised an eyebrow and cocked my head while I looked at the men.

"That's a Commander question," Charlie said. He gestured for me to follow him and started to walk in the direction that we were supposed to go in, and I stayed next to him while Sergio trailed behind. "There are a few other places that you can go to," he said. "We do have a place where you can practice gymnastics and then a flat turning surface for dancing."

I nodded and took a bite out of my food. "Does that mean I can bring my dancing shoes?" I asked and raised an eyebrow after I finished that bite, feeling excited. "If I want to practice here?"

Charlie nodded in confirmation and stayed silent.

"Are you any good?" Sergio asked. He didn't move to my side, and I had a feeling that me asking him a lot of questions had made him nervous.

He'll be the easiest to break down for information though, I thought with a small smirk, if he doesn't have someone to watch his back and what he says to me.

I nodded and schooled my features when Charlie looked at me. "I am," I confirmed before I shrugged and grimaced when a thought crossed my mind. "Or at least, I think I am."

"She is very good," Charlie said and gestured to me. He winked playfully, and I rolled my eyes and scowled before I pressed my lips into a thin line. "She just does not like to admit it."

Sergio slowly nodded and looked hesitant while he cleared his throat. "What about singing?" he asked softly. "Do you like to sing too?"

"I do," I confirmed and nodded before I shrugged and cleared my throat. "I do musical theater, and I have been known to belt out lyrics." I wrinkled my nose and pouted, my heart breaking slightly. "My singing partners are out of state, and I don't know if there are any in my chorus class yet. We haven't gotten that far yet." I rolled my eyes and scowled before I took another bite of my food.

Sergio hummed and nodded before he cleared his throat. "We... do have a recording booth..." he began but trailed off softly. He looked towards Charlie before he looked at me, not saying another word.

I raised an eyebrow and looked at Sergio, amused. "Does the great Segraphina want to sing with me?" I teased, and he scowled and narrowed his eyes.

His scowl didn't last long and turned into a smile. "My name isn't Segraphina, but yes, I would absolutely love to sing with you sometime," he said.

"Then it shall be done," I promised and nodded. "You and I can sing as well as anyone else who wants to sing with me. We can plan that for a weekend when I don't really have anything to do. Deal?"

Sergio smiled and nodded, looking relieved. "Deal."

"Oh by the way, your new name is Segraphina, Segraphina." I grinned at him mischievously, and he rolled his eyes and scowled playfully.

"Very funny, Cass," he teased. "Very funny."

I grinned. "Thanks," I said and cocked my head to the side. "I try to be."

Charlie covered a laugh with a cough and cleared his throat. He narrowed his eyes at me teasingly, and I grinned at him. "Be nice," he said softly.

"I am, Charlie," I replied and dipped my head closer to my chest, and he rolled his eyes and scowled. "I always am."

"No, you are not," he said. "And you know it." He gave me a pointed look and raised an eyebrow.

I shrugged because he wasn't wrong. I wasn't always nice, but it didn't pay to be nice. Sometimes it does take being a bitch for me to gain something, even though I hate doing it.