Chapter 49

Xav nuzzled my side and sighed softly. He didn't say a word while I unfolded the letter and smoothed out the wrinkles that I could get to.

However, it wasn't in its pristine condition like he had been before I rolled it up and threw it away from me.

"It doesn't mean that you have to go," Chewie pointed out while I stared at the letter, and I let out a breathless chuckle while I rolled my eyes.

"Gee, thanks, Jack," I said sarcastically because it was something that Jack would say. "I didn't know that I didn't have to go."

My heart pounded excitedly in my chest while my stomach turned at the thought of the words that it would say. I couldn't help but feel excited to see what the letter had to say because performing was in my blood, and Juilliard was one of the best schools to go to for performing arts.

Maybe if I was in a different time and place, I thought silently while I slowly started to open the letter. Then I would actually go and not feel guilty about going.

It didn't help that I wasn't human, and my soul was bound to this wolf behind me... I leaned further against Xav while he nuzzled me and let out a happy sigh. It hurts to leave him, even though I know that I have to.

"Well?" Chewie asked, and I looked at him before I looked at the letter. His voice was calm and soothing, and I could hear a small bit of amusement in it that he was trying to hide. "You don't need to continue to stare at it. It is not going to hurt you."

I rolled my eyes and mocked him silently before I opened the envelope and pulled the letter out, my heart pounding hard in my chest.

I bit back a snort when a few stickers came out with the letter and picked them up to see what the main person had included.

"Did you tell him that you liked stickers?" Chewie asked while I looked at the stickers to see "Juilliard | Dance," "Juilliard | Music," and "Juilliard | Drama," thrown into it as well as a few ballet dancers amongst them because that had been my favorite choice out of the three of them.

I was a little surprised that they weren't as crumpled as I thought they would be, especially since I had crumpled the whole envelope into a ball. Maybe that was why they didn't want me to bend the letter, I thought and ran a finger across them.

"Un huh," I said before I slowly nodded. "I guess he remembered that I didn't know what I would want to work towards as my career." I sighed and moved the stickers to the side and looked at the letter.

"Well, you are good at all three of them," Chewie reminded me, and I shrugged because what he said was true. "And you do not need to practice as hard as other people to be where you are at."

I shrugged again and grimaced. "It's because I have other stuff to do," I replied. "Technically, I keep moving, and that helps with my flexibility and stuff."

Chewie hummed and slowly nodded. "Have you had a set date for auditions yet?" he asked. He rolled his eyes and scowled while he raised a hand to keep me from talking. "I am not talking about Juilliard, Cass," he said. "I am talking about whatever show you are all going to do at your high school."

I closed my mouth and smirked before I cleared my throat and grew serious. "Not yet," I replied. "I think that the drama director wants to do Waitress, but that could change. I should be able to know in the next couple of days or so."

He stayed silent and nodded.

"Bryson says that cross country tryouts are tomorrow afternoon but then practice is in the mornings, so I should be fine with that," I added. I leaned against Xav and sighed while I rubbed my face. "It's going to be hell once Hell Week happens."