Chapter 65

"What happened?" Xavier asked and leaned closer to me with furrowed brows. Worry filled his voice while I tried to regain my composure. "Cassidy, are you ok?"

I nodded and gasped while I nodded, trying to regain my composure and my breathing. I handed my phone to my mother so that she could explain and hopefully cause him not to worry any longer.

Mom took the phone and chuckled when she saw the picture. "So, it's just a picture one of her friends sent in their group chat, and her other friend is freaking out about it. I can't believe that it has been about two or three years."

I nodded and wiped my eyes while I took a deep breath, grateful that I could finally breathe. "So basically what happened was I pranked my best friend, Jack, about two years ago," I explained, "with a scene from The Ring. It scared the crap out of him, and he hates that his sister sent a picture to us."

(04/09/2023)

"She put a caption of, "guess who?" before she sent it, and that is why her best friend is pissed."

"Can I see?" Bryson asked, amused.

I nodded, and Mom handed my phone over to him. "There is also a Youtube video of it, and it was funny. About half of our friend group knew what was going on except for him."

Bryson bit back a small smirk and handed the phone to his father, which I didn't mind. "Is he scared that you would come through the phone?" he asked while Xavier handed it back to me, staying silent.

(05/29/2023)

"Yes," I replied and nodded. "He's scared that I will figure out some weird voodoo stuff and reach through it to grab him."

I bit back a small grin while I sent a purple smiling imp in response sending him into a flurry of more texts calling me mean and for me to stop.

"You seem close to him," Xavier said softly, and I could hear a small underlying tone of jealousy in his voice.

I looked up from my phone and gave Xavier a weird look, not understanding why he was jealous when he knew that Jack was just a friend of mine and nothing more. "He is one of my best friends, Xavier. He is my brother from another mother, and that's about it," I said while I gave him a pointed look. "I am close to him, but I am not that close to him."

"He isn't even her type," Mom said with a shake of her head, and I gave her a weird look. She smiled and shrugged while Bryson watched us amused.

"And what is your type?" Bryson asked and raised an eyebrow in question.

I looked down, not able to meet his gaze, and my cheeks turned red while my mother chuckled, amused. I didn't respond while I took another bite of my food.

"Her type is someone with cold blue eyes and black bushy hair," Mom said, and my cheeks turned a darker red while Xavier's eyebrow went up. "Isn't that right, Cass?" She raised an eyebrow and gave me a pointed look.

"Mom, please stop," I said and covered my cheeks while I ducked my head closer to my chest. "You're embarrassing me."

"I am your mother," she replied. "It is my job to embarrass you, and he did ask." She gave me a pointed look, and I rolled my eyes and bit back a small scowl.

Bryson watched us amused while we bantered. He leaned back in his seat while he took another bite of his food. "Are you two always like this?" he asked and raised an eyebrow while he cocked his head and studied us.

"Yes," we said in unison, and I nodded.

"Unfortunately so," I said and took another bite of my food. I covered my mouth and finished chewing before I cleared my throat. "If my dad is here, then it'll be two against one, so I am glad that he isn't."

The Reincarnated (Book 2A of Wolfcreek Series)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara