Chapter 3

It was the afternoon before the flight to Kalos, and Goh and Chloe were already at the airport. The flight would leave late that night and arrive at Kalos early, where a school bus would then pick up Ash, Goh, and any other students arriving at that time to escort them to the school in Lumiose. Since Ash was supposed to be on his way to the airport to meet Goh, naturally he was training in Cerise park.

"Lucario, double team!"

Lucario suddenly multiplied until there were too many of him to count, copies scattered all throughout the park, including one in a tree that startled a silcoon so badly it fell to the ground, angrily glaring at the illusion. Ash, obviously, took no notice.

"Great, now Gengar use multiple shadow balls to find the real one!" He pumped his fist enthusiastically.

Gengar sent numerous shadow balls flying at the lucario copies, each copy dissapearing when it made contact. However, when all the copies disappeared, the real one was nowhere to be found.

Ash grinned. He originally started the battle to try and replicate what had happened with him and Lucario, since it reminded him so much of his bond with Greninja, but was now so wrapped up in his battle he had forgotten all about it. "Great job, guys! Now Lucario, use aura sphere!"

The Aura Pokemon sent a large glowing globe of aura at Gengar, who at Ash's command dodged them using phantom force.  Ash grinned and was about to call out the next attack when-

"Ash!"

Ash turned around to see his Mom walking into Cerise Park.

"Mom? What are you doing here?" Ash was pleasantly suprised but confused. HIs home was too far away for casual visits.

"I wanted to see you before you left for K.I.P! I wasn't about to let you leave without saying goodbye!" Delia Ketchum wrapped her son in a large bear hug, Pikachu jumping off Ash's shoulder just in time to avoid suffication.

"Mom, I can't-ughn-breathe," Ash wheezed.

Delia reluctantly released her son. "Sorry, I'm just going to miss you. Oh, I wanted to give you these," Delia reached into her bag and pulled out an outfit. "I made them for you. Maybe they'll help you turn girls' heads in school!" Delia gave her son a wink. 

Ash was completly oblivious. "Wow, thanks Mom! I'll put them on before the flight!" He gave her his trademark grin.

He turned back to his pokemon. "Alright guys, return!" He held out two pokeballs and the red light encased Gengar and Lucario. "Be right back!" Ash ran into the lab to try on the new clothes.

When he came back out, he was wearing a dark blue hoodie, black jeans, high-top sneakers, and, of course, a red hat. The hoodie had black lines at the hem, waist, shoulders, and hood. The black jeans were a comfortable fit, not too tight or loose. The sneakers were red and comfortable, and the hat was red with a blue symbol reminiscent of a pokeball. Ash smiled. "Thanks, Mom! It's all really comfortable!" (It might be noted he did not mention how they actually look).

Delia smiled proudly. "You look good, Ash!"

"Pika!"

"Looks like Pikachu agrees! Now off you go to the airport. You can't miss your flight."

After saying goodbye to Professor Cerise and one last hug from his Mom, Ash left for the airport with his pokemon, excited for the adventure to come.

---***---***---***---

Ash finally got off the bus and took in the school. He had a smooth flight and had slept the whole way, so he was extra pumped to leap down the steps of the bus and take in...

A huge battle field. Even better than the one he used in the Kalos league. It wasn't quite as large as the one in Wyndon where he had watched Leon battle Lance, but it was close. The school gate led right up the steps to the stadium, and there were two other paths. One led to the left, where there was a large complex of dorms. The dorms were three stories tall and wrapped around the stadium in a semi-circle. The path on the right led to the classrooms, which were also a complex of three-story tall buildings that wrapped around the battlefield. Ash couldn't see it from the gate, but he knew from the brochure that behind the stadium was a large stage for performers and coordinators. In other words, a sideways, bird's eye view of the school would look like a pokeball with 2 buttons in the center.

Ash didn't think about all this though; he was too caught up in his excitment at the battle field. "Look at it pikachu!"

"Pika!" Pikachu jumped off Ash's shoulder and took in the campus.

"We're gonna have lots of battles there, huh buddy?" He set off to explore the campus; the escort on his bus said there would be a large assembly in half an hour and to use the time until then to explore the campus and look at the dorm listings. This is going to be awesome!

After a few minutes of exploring (*cough cough* running into the battle stadium), he headed to the main office to pick up the list that had  the names of the people he would share his dorm room with, along with the main reason they were accepted into the school. He would share the room with three other people, and the dorms weren't co-ed. He opened the envelope and read the page...

________........_________

"Bye, Mom! Bye Rhyhorn! Bye Fletchling! I'll see you soon!" Serena waved to her Mom and pokemon out of the window of a K.I.P. bus. Serena had had a wonderful time back at home (minus the rhyhorn racing practice and waking up to Fletchling's pecking; she didn't miss that), but was excited to see what new adventures await her at the school. She scanned the bus, there were only a few students on it since most students took a flight to the school. After a few minutes she comfortably settled into her seat to brainstorm some performance routines. 

After driving for a few hours the bus dropped her off at the school. She immediatley stepped off to look at the scenery and layout of the school; it was quite pretty. The buildings were modern and in between them was a wide expanse of grass with paths threaded through. 

She got an idea. "Come on out, everyone!" She threw her pokeballs into the air to release Delphox/Braixen, Pancham, Sylveon, and Swablu. "This is the school we'll be training at!" she spread her arms wide for extra flair as her pokemon made their assorted sounds of excitment. Serena grinned excitedly. "Let's go and explore!" She and her pokemon ran off to explore the school. 

After exploring for a bit, she eventually returned her pokemon and headed to the right, towards the classrooms, where the main office was. She waited in line for a few minutes and, after giving her name to the receptionist, picked up the list with all her roommates. She opened it up to see...

---***---***---***---

Ash's Dorm room listing:

Dorm #236

Ash Ketchum- Pokemon battler, age 14

Gary Oak- Pokemon researcher, age 15

Drew Hayden- Pokemon coordinator, age 15

Goh Lomener- Pokemon researcher, age 14

---***---***---***---

Serena's Dorm room listing:

Dorm # 312

Chloe Cerise- Pokemon researcher, age 14

Dawn Hikari- Pokemon coordinator, age 15

Serena Yvonne- Pokemon Performer, age 14

May Maple- Pokemon coordinator, age 14