Chapter 17

"Hello and welcome to the Library of Lumiose! How can I help you?" A very perky secretary welcomed a strage-looking man in a cloak and mask.

"Hello. I placed a hold on an old journal at this library. I have come here to pick it up."

"Ah, the Satoshi Ketchum journal? You have great taste! That was quite recently unearthed in a nearby Kalosian village. Unfortunately, due to the fragile nature of this journal, you will be required to read it here. Please pick up a pair of gloves as well." The incredibly happy secratery wasn't even fazed by the fact that this intimidating, suspicious and cloaked man would be given direct acess to a  valuable artifact, she simply gestured to the box of gloves on her desk. 

She checked her computer. "Please tell me your name."

The man smiled slightly under his mask. If he told her his real name, she would run away screaming. "Lysson Fulidari."

Ther excited secratary smiled. "Alright, everything checks out! Please head to room 46, straight and to the left."

"Thank you." He grabbed a pair of gloves and headed to the back. There were a string of doors on the hall. When he got to the one labled 46, he opened it and entered. There was nothing inside except for a table, a lamp, a seat, and an old journal. He closed the door behind him, turned on the lamp, sat down on the seat, and picked the journal up.

He opened it to the first page. 

January 13, Year 1

Frogadier and I finaly set off on our journey together. I'm excited to finally explore the world together and catch more pokemon. Frogadier and I trained hard, and now we'll finallly be able to see the rest of the world outside Ninja Village. Mom and Dad were sad to see me leave, especially since Aaron already left, but I promised to come back and visit.

January 19, Year 1

I caught my first pokemon! Frogadier and I battled lots of pokemon and finally caught a Honedge! It took a while, and we had to be careful so it didn't get away, but we finally caught one!

Lysandere skipped ahead a few pages, scanning through them, until he saw what he was looking for.

August 2, Year 1

Frogadier evolved into Greninja today! We were just leaving the Hoenn region, heading back home to see my parents, when we ran into a wild Tyranitar. Frogadier had a tough battle, and just when it looked like it was about to lose, it evolved! It knocked out the Tyranitar with water shuriken and we escaped. It'll still be a long way home, though. Maybe I explored a little too far out...

Now that Frogadier was a Greninja, Lysandere skipped ahead some more pages, stopping at the one he wanted.

November 23, Year 4

Yesterday was... Eventful. I had just visited home again, only to find no one there. The first person I ran into was unfamiliar and wearing dark clothes. He forced me out of the village by threatening to attack me as well as my pokemon. I quickly surrendered, though I didn't plan to stay away like he said to. I instead hunted for anyone from my village. 

After about an hour of searching, I found my entire town, including my parents, huddled together in the cave behind a waterfall, their only posessions the clothes on their backs. They were glad to see me, and my father explained that invaders had taken over the town. They were plotting to take over all of Kalos.

My father was a powerful pokemon battler. When I asked why he lost against the invaders, he said their pokemon evolved mid battle using special stones. I asked if he ment the way a vulpix does, but he said that there were two stones and that only fully evolved pokemon could pull it off. Once the battle ended, they returned to their previous forms. He said the invaders called it 'Mega Evoloution'.

I found this suspicious, but believed him. He said there were houndoom that had learned their scents, so they could not try to return and retake the village. Even if they could get in unnoticed, they still didn't know how to beat the invaders in a pokemon battle with their mega evoloution.

I declared I would sneak into the village. I would find the leader of these rebels, make sure he couldn't use the stones, defeat him, and reclaim the town. My father was happy I was there to help, but doubted my plan. What would I do about the rest of the invaders? I decided I would start by using sleep powder on the Houndoom guarding the village so that everyone else could sneak back in and take the invaders by suprise.

Everyone found that plan acceptable, and we decided to go that night. The Houndoom fell asleep as planned and I managed to sneak into Town Hall, where the rebel leader was staying, and found him asleep. It was when I tried to take his mysterious stones that everything went wrong. 

Apparently, there was an alarm system in place. When I removed the stones from his night stand, multiple tree branches knocked against each other outside, waking up the rebel leader.

I tried to leap out the window and climb down the tree, but he had his beedrill use string shot on me, trapping me in the room and causing me to drop the stones. I sent out greninja and he cut the ropes, but the rebel leader got the stones. 

It was then that I was able to witness what my father was talking about. Mega Evoloution. It was an incredible spectacle. His beedril's power double. Greninja was starting to falter. 

However, something incredible happened. In heat of the battle, Greninja and I... combined. It was as if I were Greninja, or as if I were battling through Greninja. He even changed his appearance to have my spikey black hair. He also had a large water shuriken on his back. Greninja was faster than I'd ever seen him. It could feel the power between us.

We defeated the leader of the invaders together, and later found that the rest of the villagers' quests were sucsessful. Everyone had been defeated and surrendered. The village was ours once more.

The figure allowed himself a short smile. This was what he was looking for. However, it didn't explain enough quite yet. He browsed through a few more entries, landing on...

May 22, Year 10

I'm going to visit my brother. It's been almost a year since I last saw him. He travelled all the way to Kanto and has found a girl, and invited me to his wedding. I can't believe he left home 14 years ago. Time sure flies.

July 31, Year 10

I'm almost to Kanto, and the wedding is going to start in a week. I should really stop writing and hurry up in getting there. Maybe I'll fly on Talonflame the last couple of miles.

August 8, Year 10

My brother. My dearest borther forgot to mention he got married to A PRINCESS! My sister-in-law is the sweetest thing. Princess (soon-to-be-queen) Rin is perfect for Aaron, keeping his reckless, adventurous side in check. The festivities were incredible...

He skipped to the next entry.

August 10, Year 10

Aaron and I took the day to catch up. I told him about ninja village, Mom and Dad, and the thing that happens between Greninja and me. Aaron told me about how he met Rin, what Kanto's like, and his new job. Aaron is apparently an Aura Guardian. I don't really get it, but it seems pretty cool. He thinks the thing that happens between Greninja and me has something to do with Greninja's aura. He keeps calling it 'the bond phenomenon'. He's never been the best at naming things...

The man smiled.