Chapter 10

Ash wandered around campus with Pikachu, studying his schedule. "Look at that Pikachu, we have 'Advanced Pokemon Battling' five times a week! That's pretty cool, huh buddy?"

"Pika-chu!"

"Hmm, we'll be in 'Intermediate Pokemon Coordinating' on Tuesdays and Thursdays. That's interesting!"

"Pikachuu..." Pikachu made a face.

Ash laughed. "Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of coordinating, but we'll still give it our all, right buddy?" 

"Pika!"

After studying his schedule, Ash realised he missed something. "Hey Pikachu! It says dinner's at the cafeteria at 5! That's pretty soon! Let me see where the cafeteria is." Ash turned over his schedule; on the back of it was a map. "Hmmm, if we're here, by the practice fields, and the cafeteria is there, since the battle field is to the right, then the cafeteria has to be that way!" Ash pointed in the direction of the cafeteria, which was by the classrooms. Let's go, Pikachu!"

Together they raced off towards the cafeteria.

---***---***---***---

Ash entered the cafeteria. He was starving; he hadn't eaten since before his battle with Diantha earlier that afternoon. He looked around the cafeteria. There were multiple tables and a large steel serving bar with a glass wall guarding it. There were trays of what Ash assumed were food staying warm under steel lids. Over all, it looked like every other cafeteria Ash had ever seen. The only thing different was that it didn't echo as much and that there were multiple open skylights lining the high celing.

Ash walked further into the room. It was a already five, so most of the students were siting at the tables, waiting for the staff to start serving the lunches.

"Hey Ash! Over here!" Ash turned to one of the tables. There he saw Gary, Drew, and Goh. 

Ash headed to the table. "Hey guys!" He took a seat next to Gary. There were eight seats at the circular table, and Ash had two spare seats on his right. Gary had a spare seat on his left, while Drew and Goh sat with spare seats on each side.

Gary looked at his rotom phone; It was black with a little purple. "Huh, it's already 5:06 and everyone's here. I wonder what's taking too long."

Ash's stomach growled so loudly, many people from neighboring tables looked at him strangely. "I don't want to wait any longer," Ash whinned. 

Goh sweatdropped. "Same old Ashy-boy,"

Ash stood up and Pikachu lept on his shoulder. "Y'know what? I'm going to see if there's any way I can help. Come on, Pikachu!"

"Pi-ka!"

Ash and Pikachu ran into the kitchen. 

Gary shook his head.

As walked through a gate to the area behind the counter. He expected not to see anyone, but instead saw three figures squating on the ground, hovering over something. Ash couldn't see what they were doing because their backs were turned to him, but it sounded like... eating? 

"Hey! Who are you three?"

The three of them quickly stood up and turned around, all three of them holding a bread roll in their hands. Ash knew the faces quite well.

"Oh no. You didn't seriously folllow me here, too!" 

"Pikaa...."

The first figure stood up. Her bright pink hair was slicked back dramatically. "Prepare for trouble, you don't have a clue,"

The second figure stood up as well, his light blue hair almost reaching his shoulders "And make it double, we ate all your food!"

"To protect our stomachs from starvation!"