Chapter 9

-1 month ago-

Most of Lumiose city was beautiful and glamourous. There were new buildings that shone in the sun and the streets were clean and lined with fun, welcoming shops. But if one looked deeper into the city, they might find a more unsavory segment. The houses here were unkept and falling apart. The roads were littered with grime. It was the type of place where tourists went in and didn't come back out. These streets were not for the faint of heart.

In one of the houses on this street resided a cloaked figure. The figure sat at a desk which was covered in old, beaten computers. There were wires and machines splayed out around the desk, crafted into makeshift devices.

My original plan was sound. Use powerful energy to control a powerful pokemon, and recreate the world.  Of course, this time I can't use Mega evoloution energy to control Zygarde. I don't have enough time or resources to collect that type of energy, and Zygarde wouldn't fall for the same tricks. I'll need a different energy source and a different pokemon. Powerful pokemon are everywhere, but raw power like that... I have only ever seen one thing capable of giving off that much energy self-sufficiently. 

He started typing on his computer. Thank goodness I learned some tricks from my old friend, otherwise I'd be unable to do anything with my current resources. And to think, I thought it a usless skill to be able to hack a pokedex. He scrolled through a list of pokemon. Charizard-Oak lab, Palpitoad-Oak lab, Gliscor-Oak lab. Come on, where is it? Lycanrock-Kukui's home, Goodra -released, Staraptor- Oak lab. There! Greninja -released. 

"What!" The figure roared. He almost threw the computer off the table in anger, but caught himself. Ah ah ah, you're not some cartoon villan. You're a smart man. Your plan can still work. Those readings showed that the power between the boy and his pokemon didn't just come from Greninja, it came from the boy as well. All you need is more information. What else could you use?

He switched tabs and started typing some more. Library of Lumiose, huh? It seems I'll be making a trip...