Chapter 18

Ash stopped. Lucario didn't say anything, I didn't say anything, and he was in his pokeball! So what just-

"Ash!" 

Ash turned around, suprised, and saw all his friends.

"Oh, hey guys! I was just going to look for you. Is everyone okay?"

"Yeah, Ashy-boy, but what about you? You just charged head-first into the site of an explosion!" Gary exclaimed, though he sounded less concerned and more annoyed.

"Heheheh, I gues that might not have been my best idea..." Ash chuckled while sheepishly rubbing the back of his head.

"So what happened at the office?" Dawn asked.

"Well, when I got there, Team Rocket was restraining Diantha and Professor Sycamore, and told me not to do anything or they would hurt them. I didn't know what to do until Lucario came out of its pokeball and stopped the grunts that were about to grab my pokemon, and Pikachu stopped the houndoom that was going to attack Professor Sycamore. 

"After that, everyone was battling with the Team Rocket members, and Pikachu and Dracovish destroyed the airship. Everyone won their battles, and Officer Jenny arrived. How about you guys?"

"Dawn and I battled some Team Rocket members who were trying to steal our pokemon." Gary said.

"Serena and I helped some people escape a burning building," Drew said smuggly.

"Hey! I was there too, y'know!" May complained.

"Sure, April." Drew flicked his hair.

"Sounds like everyone had an eventful day! I'm glad everyone's fine!" Ash said cheerily. He was, however, interupted by a loud rumbling. 

He looked down at himself. "Looks like in all the confusion, I forgot to get lunch..." For the second time in the last few minutes, he rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.

Everyone else sweatdropped at his youthful antics.

"We haven't eaten, either. I gues we can all head to the cafeteria," May suggested.

"Of course you would say that," Drew commented snidely.

"What's that supposed to mean?!" May shouted.

"To the cafeteria!" Ash started off eagarly. So eagerly, in fact, that he forgot about his headache and exhaustion.  He faltered a little on his first step, though luckily none of his friends noticed. He slowed down and walked to the cafeteria instead.

________........________

Gary watched, head shaking slightly in amusment, as Ash ran off to go to lunch. But when he took the first step, he swayed a little, then looked back to see if anyone else noticed before walking to the cafeteria. Walking.

Gary pretended not to notice, but he knew something was up. Ash wasn't acting quite right. He decided to leave it alone for now. He would approach him once he got back from the police station.

________........________

The group reached the cafeteria. Since most students had skipped lunch in all the confusion, each lunch period had been pushed back, so Ash and his friends, who normally had the 12:00 lunch, were eating at 12:30. They were glad to see their table was unoccupied and they all grabbed their lunches and sat down the same way they did last time.

Ash they were eating and sharing stories from their travels, the intercom turned on. "*Attention students!*" It sounded like Professor Sycamore. "*Due to the attack of Team Rocket on the school, all classes lhave been canceled for the rest of the day! Please take this time to finish any homework from your classes or simply enjoy the campus!*"