Chapter 27

Ash tapped the pencil against his lip. He could easily figure out the answer to the question by adding, but he would run out of time if he continued that way. What is 4x6? He knew this... 24! Ash wrote it down and moved on to the next. 3x5. This one was easy; 15. Ash wrote in the answers to all the questions: he had had to memorise 1x1 to 6x12. Though, to be fair, 10 of those were 1x1-1x10, 10 were 2x1-2x10, and another 10 of those were 5x1-5x10, so really only a few of them were difficult.

Once Ash finished the last question, he made sure to check his answers and put his test in the 'finished' bin. He sat down at his desk and waited for everyone else to finish. After a few minutes, the timer went off and everyone had to turn in their tests, no matter their state of completion.

The bell soon rang, leaving Ash to wonder what grade he had gotten.

Science was much less stressful: the 'test' on the scientific method was simply the teacher asking random students the steps and seeing if they knew them. Ash didn't even get called.

Lunch was like any other; everyone sat at their table, sharing tales from their past. Ash mostly listened and laughed at other's tales, especially Gary's. Apparenly, he had dated every single one of the cheerleaders who had followed him around. While he was 10.

After lunch was Advanced Battling again. This time, Diantha showed them tricks about how to tell what a pokemon's condition was as well as how to research information about an opponent.

Once school was done, Ash headed back to his dorm room to finish writing a short paragraph about an adventure for english homework and memorise the times tables of 6x12-12x12. After studying until his brain hurt and writing a paragraph about pokemon battles, Ash decided to go to the practice fields to do some training. 

After he had spent some time training, he headed to the showers and sat on his bed, looking at his pokephone. Since Diantha had just taught him tricks on how to find out information about a trainer from online or from just their outfit and looks, he studied the picture of Bede, the opponent he would be battling that Saturday. He wore a light pink and blue uniform and looked quite confident. That might mean that he was a trainer who had fairy types and didn't lose often. 

He then searched Bede's name; he found he was, indeed, a strong fairy type trainer. He had a Galaran Rapidash, a Hatterene, a Mawile, and a Gardevoir, which were mostly fairy and phsycic types. The battle would be three on three, so Ash would have to figure out what pokemon to use.

Ash thought about the typings of each of his pokemon when-

"Ash! Hey, Ash!" 

"Yeah? What is it Gary?" Gary entered their dorm. He looked as though he had been running. 

"I heard one of the students say they saw Raquaza in the field behind the performance stage! You should get over there, quick!"

"Raquaza?" Ash literally leaped out of bed, jumping the 5 foot ladder down the bunk. "Come on, Pikachu!"

"Pika!"

Ash ran out the door. Pikachu was about to follow, until "Wait, PIkachu!"

"Pika?" Pikachu stopped and turned to look at Gary.

"Trust me, let Ash go alone. There's someone special waiting there for him."

"Pika Pikapi?" Pikachu said skeptically.

"Besides, look what I've got!" Gary reached into his bag and pulled out a bottle of ketchup.

"Pika!" Pikachu said excidetly. He pounced on Gary and wrestled the ketchup bottle away from him.