Chapter 65

Once Ash dropped off Serena, he circled around the roof one last time and landed by Arceus, where the machine was.

He hopped off Dragonite, faltering a tad, before facing the Alpha pokemon, Pikachu by his side.

Just as he landed, he heard another shout from the roof: "Destroy the city and anything that gets in your way!"

Immediately, Ash turned back to Arceus, who stood up from its kneel and strated to fly away.

"Oh no, you don't." Ash whispered under his breath. 

"Pikachu, thunderbolt!"

Pikachu slapped its cheeks and jumped into the air. "Pi ka CHU!" It fired a powerful thunderbolt at Arceus.

Arceus jumped as the electricity hit him before turning to Ash. Wordlessly, it hovered in front of the teen and started charging a judgement to fire into the air.

As quickly as he could, Ash flung out the rest of his pokeballs, releasing his entire team.

"Dracovish, fishious rend! Lucario, aura sphere! Gengar, shadow ball! Pikachu, electroweb! Dragonite, dragon pulse! Sirfetch'd, brick break!"

Ash called out attacks for all of his pokemon, hoping they would land first and force Arceus to cancel his judgement attack.

To his relief, Pikachu's electroweb hit first and shocked Arceus so that he stalled in completing his own attack. By the time he recovered, Gengar, Dracovish, Lucario and Dragonite's attacks hit, knocking the large pokemon back, before Sirfetch'd charged in with its physical abrick break attack.

All these attacks combined, some super-effective, landed on the single opposing pokemon, but when the smoke from the explosions cleared, Arceus barely had a scratch on him.

Ash grittted his teeth. If he was going to beat Arceus, he was going to have to get creative and come up with a plan. But for now, he had to keep attacking to keep Arceus from destroying the city, the tower, and him.

"Everyone, again! Don't let him get an attack off!" Ash needed some time to come up with a plan. He rubbed his temples, willing an idea to come forth. Brute force wouldn't work on Arceus, mind controloed or not.

As he watched Pikachu start off the barrage of attacks by launching an electroweb, an idea finally came.

But it would have to wait. 

Because Arceus charged up a hyper beam and fired it at Ash and his pokemon.

"Look out!" Ash rolled to the side, narrowly avoiding the powerful beam, but Dracovish and Farfetch'd weren't so lucky. WIth just one attack, Farfetch'd and Dracovish fainted, meaning Ash was already down to just four pokemon.

Ash gritted his teeth. He would have to make his plan work with just four of his pokemon. But first, he had to whittle down Arceus a bit more, otherwise the plan might not work.

"Everybody, keep it up! Lucario, aura sphere again! Pikachu, hit him with a thunderbolt! Gegnar, shadow ball and Dragonite use Draco meteor!" Ash yelled the attacks once more, each pokemon throwing their best as the god of all pokemon stared them down.

Luckily, being mind controlled must have greatly dulled Arceus since he only fired one shot for each one of Ash's mass attacks, and from what they'd seen so far, the amount of time it took Arceus to charge each attack in its mind-controlled state was more than enough to dodge or cancel it with their own attacks.

Unluckily, they  had only seen two of Arceu's moves, and his next attack of choice was a Dragon pulse, which apparetnly didn't need time to charge.

He aimed directly at Ash and all of his pokemon, who had just finished their attacks and had no time to dodge.