Chapter 63

Giovanni grinned as he saw the Alpha pokemon kneel before him. It's all coming together.

He turned back to the Team Rocket members on the upper roof with him. "Alert Dr. Taiser that everything is going according to plan."

"Sir, yes Sir!"

He turned back to the pokemon, frozen in place below him, admiring his flawless plan.

Lysandere took a few steps foward until he was beside Giovanni.

"You had a brilliant plan, Giovanni. Your work is impressive." He said as he looked at the Alpha pokemon.

"But I'm sorry to say that it was all for naught."

Before Giovanni or any other Team Rocket members could stop him, he turned on his radio. "Xerostic, initiate protocal Mental Overide."

"*Aknowledged.*"

Two Team Rocket grunts seized Lysandere, grabbing his arms, but the man simply laughed. "You fools! Why rule over a doomed world? What's the point in having power over unworthy people? You want to control the planet, but if you truly understood, you would realise that I'm right. This world must end. And now, it will."

The ranting madman turned to the god of Pokemon, but spoke into his radio. "Arceus!" He shouted. "You will now obey me! I will be your new master!"

Arceus didn't move, but Lysandere simply smiled. "Now, destroy this city! Cleanse the whole world of themselves!"

And Arceus, the Alpha pokemon...

Kept on kneeling, unmoving.

Lysandere started sweating nervously. "Arceus! Destroy the city!" He tried again, speaking louder in hopes the problem had been with Xerostic's end of the audio.

Arceus didn't move an inch.

Giovanni laughed. 

Many Team Rocket agents looked at him strangely, unused to their boss laughing this way.

When Giovanni finally recovered from his laughing fit, he turned back to Lysandere, who was sweating profusely with nerves, still restrained by the two Team Rocket agents. 

"You fool! My scientists found your override code minutes after Xerostic uploaded it! You don't think I left your suite unsupervised?" 

"B-But Xerostic is the best scientist alive! His sleeper file-"

"His sleeper file 'woke up' the minute I told my scientists about it. As soon as we knew it existed, it took less than and hour to destroy." Giovanni said dismissevly.

"No. NO! The world-!"

"Will soon have a new ruler. You're a fool, Lysandere. Why destroy a world when you could simply rebuild what already exists? This world may not be perfect, but it's better than a burnt war zone. And now that I can blackmail the entire planet with a single pokemon, they'll have no choice but to listen to me and the rest of Team Rocket." 

He turned to the agents holding Lysandere. "Take him and Xerostic to air ship M-47."

"What? No! My plan was flawless! I've been crafting it for years! I will not give up!" He yanked one of his arms out of the grunt's grasp, tearing a pokeball off his belt and releasing a Ninetales, who bared his teeth at the two grunts beside Lysandere

The grunts backed away from Lysandere before simply sending out two pokeon of their own, a Dustox oudred and a Theivul.

Giovanni grinned smugly, certain his members would take care of Lysandere, before turning back to Arceus. "Now, let's get things started, shall we?"